Wadja get for Christmas thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could put a great cabinet shop in a pole building that size. And 15 wooded acres would make some nice trails for the dirt bike fan in me. Sounds like a great setup.

Experience my friend.

I was a proud owner of three boats in me day.

They are second to none for family entertainment.

My kids were grown and when gas hit $2.00 a gallon I sold my latest (and best) boat.

Started looking for a bike,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That lasted about one weekend.

The wife wanted a new house, she got it.

But I chose which one, 15 wooded acres, 76x46 Morton pole building and 2 year old home.

Never missed my boat since!
Yup!

Or another saying is,

The second best day in a mans life is the day he buys a boat

THE BEST is the day he sells it!
i have also heard if it FLY'S, FLOATS, OR F$%K's............RENT IT

Wouldn't shooting a lighter bullet faster exacerbate the problem?

If he's shooting 250's/255's now at standard velocity, then upping the velocity with the same weight(IIRC anyway) should raise the point of impact relative to point of aim(more recoil, although less time in the barrel). Mine had plenty of sight adjustment for 250's at 1000-1100, which is a couple hundred ft/sec faster than standard velocity. It's got a leupold on it now, been a while since I fooled with loads and irons on it.

If he's shooting 250's/255's now at standard velocity, then upping the velocity with the same weight(IIRC anyway) should raise the point of impact relative to point of aim(more recoil, although less time in the barrel). Mine had plenty of sight adjustment for 250's at 1000-1100, which is a couple hundred ft/sec faster than standard velocity. It's got a leupold on it now, been a while since I fooled with loads and irons on it.
That just seems counter intuitive. I'm going to have to load up some different bullets and experiment.
I've got a freedom arms premier .454/.45c that I can use. It'll handle any SAAMI load and then some.

Break
Out
Another
Thousand

lol my brother told me this he is big into fishing boats

I have not been home on Christmas in 7 years. I digress.... Post up your "scores"[/quote]

Where have you been the last 7 years?

Well, looks like a few of us get chainsaw-related things. Here's what I got:
(1) New pair of Stihl signature work gloves.
(2) New Stihl signature cap.

The guy that gave me these is a logger running Stihl equipment. I gave him these:
(1) New 36", 32", and 20" chain loops (3/8 063).
(2) Three new 7/32" files with a shop-made lathe turned hard maple handles and a shop-made holder.
(3) Two Stihl bar nuts and a shop-made felling wedge.

He needed new chains, had broken three wedges, and lost a bar nut. My favorite gloves were worn out and the dog did a number on my favorite cap. So, Santa took care of both of us. Cheers!

I got some hand tools (socket set, drill driver set ) new tires , few gift cards and permission from the wife to purchase a new Ruger SR40 and CCW holster for it. with some of the tax return money coming this year. :D Got the wife a leather purse to carry her CCW in and some makeup stuff she ordered online. The dog got a new chew toy. Fairly light christmas this year with my injury and all. Though first time in 3 years I got Thanksgiving and Christmas day off from work. Also thats some mighty fine Rugers you guys have there.

Back