Wadja get for Christmas thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They can copy anything.

Looks pretty robust though.

Yup he spent many years in Japan, he has some real interesting stuff fo' sure.

I just run my solid state stuff, my ears are shot from a pair of Arthur Fullmer "Mind Blowers" I had in an Orange crate in the back O' a few vehicles in me youth!

it seams anyone that loves solid state seam to end up falling back to the tube amps..............if you can afford them!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

Tubes and vinyl, hip huggers and tube tops,

As ole Tom Petty says"take back"????????????????????

**** Pabst Blue Ribbon is even makin' a come back!

What's with all the new MK1's?? Heck I would of got a 38 or 44 mag there cheaper now to shoot than 22s seeing as you haven't been able to buy ammo in practically a year at a decent price!!

Since I reload I shoot 44 may and 38 cheaper now than my mk3

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

Showing my age,

think I got my first snoot full from a cup like this.

mV5MX-tKWpsAF-fMvD0qi1g.jpg

Musta only been 8 or 9 years old, but growing up in a staunch German family it was a right of passage!

When I was a wee lad, can still remember the Uncles and me Daddy poppin' the bung on wooden Old Crown kegs!

Showing my age,

think I got my first snoot full from a cup like this.

View attachment 324247

Musta only been 8 or 9 years old, but growing up in a staunch German family it was a right of passage!

When I was a wee lad, can still remember the Uncles and me Daddy poppin' the bung on wooden Old Crown kegs!

cool!...........sounds like we're about on the same page of life, vintage beer cans is another one of my hobbies, but i've been selling some off lately.............

Yup!

My uncle Fritz (Fredrick) was the master keg tapper.

He should of been, he worked at Falstaff.

Christmas present to myself was a only slightly abused 353. It was straight gassed and will need a piston, and I'm trying to decide between cheaping it back together or going with a 346xp p&c.
353.jpg

Christmas present to myself was a only slightly abused 353. It was straight gassed and will need a piston, and I'm trying to decide between cheaping it back together or going with a 346xp p&c.
View attachment 324249
If you're gonna do it, do it right. If you just cheap it, you'll never be happy.

Funny,

Uncle Fritz worked at Falstaff, but I always remember Old Crown at all the family functions?

Could be Fritz was the third son and had no say?

I still see him a few times a year at GTGs, WE have a tradition of making hand cranked ice creme.

Ole Fritz always brings a cooler of beer and has one (ER TWO) with his bowl of ice creme.

Never ever seen the man a tad tipsy,,,,,,,,,,,,ever! (HE'S GOT TO BE 85)

Last edited:
What's with all the new MK1's?? Heck I would of got a 38 or 44 mag there cheaper now to shoot than 22s seeing as you haven't been able to buy ammo in practically a year at a decent price!!

Since I reload I shoot 44 may and 38 cheaper now than my mk3

If you haven't been able to shoot a .22 for lack of ammo, it's your own fault. After the last "shortage", some folks wised up and started stocking up. I have somewhere over 20K rounds of .22 sitting on my shelf, bought a brick every time I went to walmart and it added up quick. I will resume that when supplies return.

What if the shortage was food and not ammo? o_O

If you're gonna do it, do it right. If you just cheap it, you'll never be happy.

You're probably right on that. The only reason for picking this up is that I was having a hard time finding a 346xp that wasn't priced crazy high. I've already got a practical 50cc saw that runs okay; I want this one to be something that scoots.

If you haven't been able to shoot a .22 for lack of ammo, it's your own fault. After the last "shortage", some folks wised up and started stocking up. I have somewhere over 20K rounds of .22 sitting on my shelf, bought a brick every time I went to walmart and it added up quick. I will resume that when supplies return.

I can't remember the last time I saw .22 ammo at our local Walmart, the shelves have been bare for a long, long time. I suspect it's coming in and going out quickly by folks wanting to stock up.

I was at a gun show looking for relatively inexpensive 40 s&w ammo and I saw a brick of .22's with an $80 price tag on it. I doubt it sold. I think I'm getting old - I still have .22 rounds I bought in the 70's and am having a hard time adjusting to todays prices.

I too had a small stockpile but shot about half of it like an idiot thinking g it would be short. I only had about 2000 rounds. But I will shoot 200-500 per range visit and I was going lots a yr ago!! Since I been grabbing them when I can 50 at Tue time at academy for 2-$3.50 a box. But if there is a food shortage I guess we will be eating lots of meet and fish? I like right next to the woods. Not mine but 2 mins from usfs property and 10 mins from a major lake. I will eat squirrel and deer and fish I guess. With the homemade 30 06 243 38 and 44 that I make. I have 100lbs of lead or so an. Casting materials so I can make several hundred more bullets if need be. Not a prep per but like to this k I could last a short term food crisis. Seasons for me would go out the window!! I'd be spotlighting to put food on the table.

Latest posts

Back