Wadja get for Christmas thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where you be?

N.E. Indiana here, looks like a clipper comin' in, better go out and git me a dozen rounds.

All dead standin' bug eaten White Ash (shame)

View attachment 324274
I'm in Maine. It was -20f a few days ago, followed by 3 days of freezing rain. Luckily, I never lost power. Now it's snowing some more and it's only Christmas. If this keeps up it's going to be a long winter.

Mom and Dad got me a gun safe and some sock and undees. Usually I buy myself something nice that ive been wanting for a while but this year that fun money had to buy a new furnace for the house o_O

Stuff happens.

Yup there ought to be a law,

you get your money when your young enough to enjoy it.

But then again, you probably would not live long?

Oh yea,

these things go 90 degrees sometimes?

Someone real good at math will spout up and give us the exact coordinance??

I got one of those craftsman rechargeable led work lights which will come in handy. I also got some gojo hand cleaner, gloves as part of a gift exchange we do and a Texas Roadhouse gift card.

We are not real big on giving presents to everybody, we mainly just do gifts for the little ones.

You realize that 98% of the population has the same strategy, right(excluding the bullet casting and reloading)? :( Wild game populations weren't sufficient when the U.S. had half the population it does now. During the depression, my great grandfather had to travel 50+ miles to find game....and we're only a few miles from an 89,000 acre lake and a major waterway.

There really isn't a reason for there to be a shortage of .22. CCI alone can crank out something like a million rounds a day of the stuff. That's a single manufacturer. My main point was a "what if" question intended to provoke some thought. :)

coincidence, I posted similar today in the firewood forum

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/icy-firewood.248886/page-2#post-4613411

I would NOT be hunting for food in a SHTF scenario, other than for unprepared trespassers and poachers. ie, "varmints", rural looters. Stay away, fine, go to public land take their chances there, fine, they can go do whatever, come into private property looking to scavenge resources while carrying arms..no choice, a person would have to assume the worst.....human coyotes. Their choice.

People got all the time in the world to prepare now, the economy sucks but it isn't so bad it can't be done, try to do it later by being a human predator, well, that's not very nice of folks to even think that. They can eat their big screen TVs, motorized "racing" toys, artwork, new shiny street rides, season passes, designer duds, or whatever. Priorities first.

IMO, ever adult human should be prepared to last at least a full year with simple basic food stored up so they can garden, and not have to resort to being a predator or looter. And as pointed out, the normal game will vanish pretty fast anyway, in most areas with even a medium level of humans currently residing.

I'm in Maine. It was -20f a few days ago, followed by 3 days of freezing rain. Luckily, I never lost power. Now it's snowing some more and it's only Christmas. If this keeps up it's going to be a long winter.

When I was in college, I spent a summer in Maine building microwave towers. During that period, I spent a week on vinalhaven island.
I'm pretty sure that's where God hung out on the seventh day.

If you look at my avatar, that's a '77 Ford Highboy behind me. My daughter (32) got me a new fuel sending unit for it. Now I don't have to use a calibrated stick to see how much gas is in it. My oldest son (31) got me a tongue jack for my splitter and my youngest son (25) got me a set of Snap-On picks for working on saws. All in all, I'd say I did pretty well.

Sachsmo, I'm wondering, what's a clipper and what are rounds?

Is it, a storm is coming in so I need more ammo? Lol.

SORRY!

Let me 'splain,

A Clipper is An Alberta Clipper. A fast moving storm usually coming out of Alberta Canada sweeping across the upper midwest.

Normally we get a dusting to an inch or so,Quick. Sometimes when it clips Lake Michigan just right we get several inches.

A round is,

005.JPG

actually that is 15 rounds and the only saw I really need for 96% of what I cut
006.JPG
Now run, lose your password and never come back or you will become infected with the dreaded C.A.D.

See I came here looking for one decent saw 8 years ago,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

coincidence, I posted similar today in the firewood forum

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/icy-firewood.248886/page-2#post-4613411

I would NOT be hunting for food in a SHTF scenario, other than for unprepared trespassers and poachers. ie, "varmints", rural looters. Stay away, fine, go to public land take their chances there, fine, they can go do whatever, come into private property looking to scavenge resources while carrying arms..no choice, a person would have to assume the worst.....human coyotes. Their choice.

People got all the time in the world to prepare now, the economy sucks but it isn't so bad it can't be done, try to do it later by being a human predator, well, that's not very nice of folks to even think that. They can eat their big screen TVs, motorized "racing" toys, artwork, new shiny street rides, season passes, designer duds, or whatever. Priorities first.

IMO, ever adult human should be prepared to last at least a full year with simple basic food stored up so they can garden, and not have to resort to being a predator or looter. And as pointed out, the normal game will vanish pretty fast anyway, in most areas with even a medium level of humans currently residing.

It totally blew my mind to see people eating out of dumpsters three days after Sandy hit. I'm going to implement permaculture and food forests here and on my other property. I've already started on some hugelkultur mounds. Between that and building a passive solar greenhouse with aquaponics system, we should be set.

SORRY!

Let me 'splain,

A Clipper is An Alberta Clipper. A fast moving storm usually coming out of Alberta Canada sweeping across the upper midwest.

Normally we get a dusting to an inch or so,Quick. Sometimes when it clips Lake Michigan just right we get several inches.

A round is,

View attachment 324315

actually that is 15 rounds and the only saw I really need for 96% of what I cut
View attachment 324316
Now run, lose your password and never come back or you will become infected with the dreaded C.A.D.

See I came here looking for one decent saw 8 years ago,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
That is one stout little plastic wagon.

The lil' Bolens is pretty impressive too!

I've been beating on that poor thing since 1966!

Got to be on it's eighth engine at least.

Latest posts

Back