Wait for 462 or snag 661 now

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I brought home a MS441 R C-M with a 28" bar. I think this will make a great felling saw. I just wasn't willing to wait for the unknown release of the new 462. While I don't really need the wrap handle, I thought the R model was worth purchasing for the bigger dogs and HO oiler. Im not sure I'll be able to burry her in some wood this weekend, but I am hoping to very soon.

r0DznQn.jpg

tIHAq81.jpg

9feeBgQ.jpg

R6mpKyf.jpg

Rather incredible, I have an MS 441 C resting on my outbench today, waiting for the customer to retrieve it. He used it last year with a 28" bar and chain on board. It's been resting there for two months. He was informed of his service bll two months ago. I guess he's waiting for all the ice and snow outside to melt. Saw now runs perfectly. Wonder what I should offer him for it? Any suggestions?

Well I brought home a MS441 R C-M with a 28" bar. I think this will make a great felling saw. I just wasn't willing to wait for the unknown release of the new 462. While I don't really need the wrap handle, I thought the R model was worth purchasing for the bigger dogs and HO oiler. Im not sure I'll be able to burry her in some wood this weekend, but I am hoping to very soon.

r0DznQn.jpg

tIHAq81.jpg

9feeBgQ.jpg

R6mpKyf.jpg

If you’ll give that Wrap a honest shot, you’ll never go back to a half wrap.

^^^ I agree, if that were the case then they would know and not a single one has any info. I can't wait for an unknown date so the 441 R C-M will have to make do in order to stay on schedule. From what I've read/heard, it's an extremely smooth running saw, so it should make for a pleasurable experience to run, **fingers crossed**
Here's a good indicator of normally what you'll see through the year last month was the 80th Oregon Logging Conference you'll see all the new saws that'll be released through the year there was no new Stihl, we did see the new 572 though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I truly wanted the 462, but I couldn't wait any longer. If the 462 finally hits and its a winner then Ill dump the 441 and replace it.

So you just spent $1,000 on a Saw you plan to dump?

Hopefully it is a good Saw for you.

So you just spent $1,000 on a Saw you plan to dump?

Hopefully it is a good Saw for you.

Well, when I say dump, I won't just give it away, it'll have to find a good home. But I don't expect the 462 to be released this year in all honesty and even if it does, I'll give it a good year to get all of the bugs worked out before I jump onboard. I have high hopes for this 441.

Rather incredible, I have an MS 441 C resting on my outbench today, waiting for the customer to retrieve it. He used it last year with a 28" bar and chain on board. It's been resting there for two months. He was informed of his service bll two months ago. I guess he's waiting for all the ice and snow outside to melt. Saw now runs perfectly. Wonder what I should offer him for it? Any suggestions?

Im no pro when it comes to valuing used saws, but if it's only a year old and is in good shape I wouldn't hesitate to offer $750-800 for it, obviously it'd be even better to get it for less. New the R model with a 28" bar books for $1069.

If you’ll give that Wrap a honest shot, you’ll never go back to a half wrap.

It's my first full wrap saw, I've always avoided them due in part to the extra weight, but also because I didn't think I would ever have a use for it. In all honesty, I have never run a saw larger than 60cc's so it was never really a necessity. I like the other upgrades that come along with the R models, but I am pretty excited about what this saw will allow me to do. I am coming into this purchase with a lot of optimism and excitement.

It's my first full wrap saw, I've always avoided them due in part to the extra weight, but also because I didn't think I would ever have a use for it. In all honesty, I have never run a saw larger than 60cc's so it was never really a necessity. I like the other upgrades that come along with the R models, but I am pretty excited about what this saw will allow me to do. I am coming into this purchase with a lot of optimism and excitement.

If you ever get used to using a Wrap felling, you’ll like it.

The weight is almost nothing, Remember the Extra few ounces are aluminum & plastic.
Certainly not noticeable.

Seriously, I sawed 30+ years without a wrap handle. Then got an old MAC with full wrap. Used the saw a lot, but the full wrap made it a pain to remove the clutch cover so I converted the saw to a half wrap - didn’t take long for me to put it back. I had no idea how much I had grown to use the full wrap until I went without it. Never used a Stihl 3/4 wrap but when I buy a new Stihl you can bet it will be so equipped.

Ron

Seriously, I sawed 30+ years without a wrap handle. Then got an old MAC with full wrap. Used the saw a lot, but the full wrap made it a pain to remove the clutch cover so I converted the saw to a half wrap - didn’t take long for me to put it back. I had no idea how much I had grown to use the full wrap until I went without it. Never used a Stihl 3/4 wrap but when I buy a new Stihl you can bet it will be so equipped.

Ron

I wish Stihl offered a real Wrap, but I’ll still buy a 3/4 over a 1/2.

I understand.

The 441 reminds me of a Buick Electra 225 with old shocks.

Ha! That's a good one.

I feel the similarly about the 441, but to me, it feels like trying to hold together a big sandwich you put too much vinegar on that's threatening to fall apart at any moment. No disrespect intended to the OP, to each their own. They definitely are a smooth machine.

Back