Want a bigger firewood saw - 4 choices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which saw do you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think you'll be glad you went up that many rungs up the ladder. With the 59cc saw you had, a 70 wasn't a big enough move in my opinion. If you want to fill the gap later, that's always an option when you have plenty of time. You paid half the price of a new one (or less) so set that cash aside for when the right deal on a 50 or 70cc shows up. Nice score!

Yeah, it's a lot of saw for the $$. I'll probab put the difference towards a log splitter. I currently have my eye on the DR rapid fire, but I'm still shopping. I can't seem to find a decent new hydro splitter with the wedge on beam setup.

probably not of this brand. how much was the DR rapidfire you are looking at? they arent cheap splitters from what ive heard

The DR pro model is on sale right now for about $2,000 with the work table. But, it doesn't have a log lift or a 4-way.

Part of me is thinking wait till spring, and maybe someone will want to get rid of a decent used splitter for cheap, in order to scare up some scratch for a lawn mower or something.

The DR pro model is on sale right now for about $2,000 with the work table. But, it doesn't have a log lift or a 4-way.

Part of me is thinking wait till spring, and maybe someone will want to get rid of a decent used splitter for cheap, in order to scare up some scratch for a lawn mower or something.

Have you tried these guys, site sponsor? Maybe they have a sale coming, or maybe they might have a scratch and dent deal, etc.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/forums/split-second-log-splitter.148/

Latest posts

Back