West Central Ohio GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It finally dried out enough to get the big cottonwood log here. The yard was still pretty soft but I had to work around my friends schedule to use his front end loader. The 18 foot log really strained my 16 foot trailer LOL.

cottonwoodlog_zps0a469d3c.jpg

cottonwoodend_zps81fe72a6.jpg

As far as racing, I was thinking it would be informal fun racing. If anyone is really serious about it and wants some cants, I would need help with that.
Jim

I could provide a cant or two if I can make it up there. I'll be bringing my saw mill along on my trip north. I'm helping build a cabin for my brother. I'll be staying in Chillicothe, so maybe an hour.5? away from you.

Chillicothe is about 2 1/2 hrs away from the GTG?

I could provide a cant or two if I can make it up there. I'll be bringing my saw mill along on my trip north. I'm helping build a cabin for my brother. I'll be staying in Chillicothe, so maybe an hour.5? away from you.

I just checked my map, it says 175 miles, 3hrs 11min from Chillicothe. Hope you can still make it.:msp_thumbup:

Anyone interested in a get together in West central/ NW Ohio? I'm roughly halfway between Toledo and Dayton, about 20 miles West of Lima Ohio. 2 1/2 hours from Indy, 1 hour from Fort Wayne IN. ..................

What is the closest town? Your directions are hard to follow on a map:msp_smile:

Bill

What is the closest town? Your directions are hard to follow on a map:msp_smile:

Bill

It's MON. Middle of Nowhere. Venedocia, OH 45894. Nothing but a post office. Nearest convenience store is about 9 miles away.
I'm 20 miles West of Lima OH, about 11 miles SE of Van Wert OH. Anyone can PM me for exact address and my phone number, I'd rather not post it.
Jim
:msp_thumbsup:

Looking good for me, weather is cooperating and it's looking like everything is too a be planted well before then. Only 2.5 hour drive for me.

I've compiled a list of people who have expressed an interest in this GTG. Feel free to add or delete as necessary.

Gulity1
Herd 8497
OhioGregg
blsnelling
FATGUY
Modifiedmark
qbilder
w8ye
procarbine 2k1
CG Racing
Jeremiah Johnson (JJ: Injuns do this to ya? Del Q: Twernt Mormons) LOL I love that movie
Bill G
Officer's Match
LowVolt

A list of the usual suspects for this part of the USA?

Many thanks Gregg! I had the thread moved and we'll give it another go. Van Wert is only 10 miles away. Post up if interested in this GTG.:chainsaw:

I'll be there...Venedocia is only a hop, skip and a short jump from here. I will PM ya for an address.

I've compiled a list of people who have expressed an interest in this GTG. Feel free to add or delete as necessary.

Gulity1
Herd 8497
OhioGregg
blsnelling
FATGUY
Modifiedmark
qbilder
w8ye
procarbine 2k1
CG Racing
Jeremiah Johnson (JJ: Injuns do this to ya? Del Q: Twernt Mormons) LOL I love that movie
Bill G
Officer's Match
LowVolt
MS460WOODCHUCK
super3

Just a few questions, Is anyone planning on pitching a tent? and is anyone bringing wife and kids? Just trying to plan how much food to buy and see if I need to fix breakfast Sunday morning or anything. We're down to less than a month!!
Jim

Jim, I would just be there for the day. Close enough I wouldn't need to stay the night. Anything we can bring to help out, let us know. You better shoot me your address sometime by PM. I could probably find Venedocia, then just drive around listening for the sound of chainsaws. :laugh: Looking forward to this GTG. See a few familiar faces again and some I havn't met.

:cheers:
Gregg,

Just a few questions, Is anyone planning on pitching a tent? and is anyone bringing wife and kids? Just trying to plan how much food to buy and see if I need to fix breakfast Sunday morning or anything. We're down to less than a month!!
Jim

What time do you think you are going to start on Saturday? I can use a personal day and be there early, or cut out of work a little early and be there by around 2:00. Maybe a week out from the gtg you can post up some things you need (food, etc.) and we can try to round some things up. I am really looking forward to it. Ive said it before, but there are some fine people in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, etc. that Ive met. Im sure it will be a good time, and look forward to some familiar faces and news ones as well. - Jeff

Latest posts

Back