West Central Ohio GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I have not heard any more about Terry Landrum having a GTG, I may come up to this one. Looks to be about the same distance as what it takes to get to Gregg's for the Poulan GTG.

What time do you think you are going to start on Saturday? I can use a personal day and be there early, or cut out of work a little early and be there by around 2:00. Maybe a week out from the gtg you can post up some things you need (food, etc.) and we can try to round some things up. I am really looking forward to it. Ive said it before, but there are some fine people in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, etc. that Ive met. Im sure it will be a good time, and look forward to some familiar faces and news ones as well. - Jeff

I will be here all day so show up whenever. I imagine due to drive time most people won't arrive until mid morning or early afternoon. I think I may plan on having food ready around 5pm but that is a flexible time. I'll have roast pork loin, hamburgers and hotdogs, pop, water, probably some other stuff. If someone has their own specialty or a dessert they want to bring that would be great. (disclaimer) You are welcome to bring alcohol, but of course no more running saws after you pop a top. Just common sense, but I'm saying it anyways. Also, keep in mind that the nearest convenience store is about a 16 mile round trip and the nearest grocery is about 20 mile round trip.
Jim

If you think a lot of guys will be showing up early afternoon, I may try to work and cut out a little early and get there early afternoon as well. I will get it figured out in a couple weeks, but sounds like things are coming along. I wish we were a little closer so I could offer some help. Big thanks to you for being a host, these GTG's are a ton of fun. When the kids get a little older I would like to make it to some other states and meet everyone that I can. Feel free to send me a shout if you need anything.

If anyone is bringing their better half who doesn't consider a full day of slingin' chips a fun time, there is a festival going on in Van Wert. There used to be a lot of peony farms around Van Wert and they still have the Peony Festival every year. Craft shows, art shows, car show, garden tours, etc. Sort of your typical small town festival. Here is a link of the activities.
Schedule of Events 2013 - Van Wert Peony Festival
Jim

My lil sister is getting married that Saturday, so I may not make it. If I do it'll be late afternoon, or maybe even Sunday. I believe the wedding is a morning gig so I might be able to cut out a bit early. Will certainly try.

I got the addy if anyone needs for garmin etc.

Ms460woodchuck. You taking your kid to this one? The one getting the 2100 at poulan gtg? If I make this let me know if you want me to bring or not.

I plan on bringing him. He is playing little league and is also doing the traveling baseball team so time will tell but I plan on bringing him.

I picked up 5400 lbs of logs today.
logs5-20-13_zpsea1af609.jpg

I picked up 5400 lbs of logs today.
logs5-20-13_zpsea1af609.jpg

Looking good Jim! :msp_thumbsup: Looks good with all that Ash & big Cotton wood log ya got. I like the looks of that 8n in the back ground too. Anybody that owns an N tractor, is good people in my book.:msp_biggrin: I'd be lost without mine. Its my main firewood hauling machine. In the woods & out.

:cheers:
Gregg,

Looking good Jim! :msp_thumbsup: Looks good with all that Ash & big Cotton wood log ya got. I like the looks of that 8n in the back ground too. Anybody that owns an N tractor, is good people in my book.:msp_biggrin: I'd be lost without mine. Its my main firewood hauling machine. In the woods & out.

:cheers:
Gregg,
Good eye! The 8N could certainly use a coat of paint, but the darn thing starts right up every time I need it.

Good their strapped down, looks breezy. :msp_wink:
Good eye again! Wind is one thing we have in abundance around here. Trees often have longer branches on the East side of the tree. They put a wind farm in the northern part of the county and are trying to on this side of it. They are meeting a little resistance this time though.

Oh no, is this turning out to be a cast of the usual suspects? Van Wert isn't much of a drive for me. So Young is the guy with the chicken legs, I hardly had a chance to pick on him at Indy. He's pretty busy when there are saws out. I don't know all the politics of the chainsaw game---is Copsey mad at all the AS guys? He can't be too far from the GTG. Richard from Rochester really wanted to meet some builders and it sounds like there might be some at this GTG.

Will the owner(s) of the 261 and 562 at Indy be in Ohio?

Man I wish I could make this one, but it's at least 6-1/2 hours and it's just a little too soon to try to convince the better half to get away to another one. :msp_sad: Will be looking for pics and vids. :smile2:

Latest posts

Back