What are you charging for a cord?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groundup

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I know this question is asked regularly, but firewood prices fluctuate with the economy so I figured it is worth revisiting.

I'm up to $200 a full cord of mixed hardwood. Cherry, oak, mulberry, Sassafras

30$ to stack

I have more orders than I have firewood.

$300 a cord for oak and I am the cheapest around. Goes for about $350 plus $30-50 to stack from other dealers.

Fir and Alder here in Stanwood is going for $250 at Forest Land

I know this question is asked regularly, but firewood prices fluctuate with the economy so I figured it is worth revisiting.

I'm up to $200 a full cord of mixed hardwood. Cherry, oak, mulberry, Sassafras

30$ to stack

I have more orders than I have firewood.

If you have more orders than you have firewood, then you may not be charging enough...

FOR A CORD OF DRY RED OAK =CSD (4X4X8 FEET/128CF) IM GETTING $225.00 AND $35.00 FOR EASY DRIVE UP TO STACKING SITE.... delivery is free up to 30 miles! most people wont top that for a buyers incentive...

There's only one add in the local paper, oak delivered for $180 a full cord.

Lesser wood goes for 65-120 a full cord depending on what it is and delivery or pickup.

$180 for mixed
$210 for oak
Free delivery up to 10 miles
I don't stack- period

My neighbor gets $190 delivered for Oak and $150 for mixed HW's delivered within 30 miles ...dumped where they want it. He's only having marginal success moving it at this price. There's so much dead Ash around here everybody with a Wildthing and maul is selling wood.

down here in sc, I can get a cord to a cord and a half for 170. Mixed. Comes in a dump truck with no stacking. I cut my own at this point, more fun!

I can't understand the "no stacking option" I can stack a cord of wood in a half hour, at $30 per cord that makes $60 an hour. Which, makes it the most money I earn hourly during any point in the firewood making process.

Plus I pick up customers that won't or can't stack it themselves

I used to stack for some customers. Most times they want the wood stacked where I can't dump it. Out comes the wheel barrow. More like at least an hour or more to move and stack. Not worth the money or wear and tear on my body. In the time it would take me to stack a cord I could be back at my yard to reload ( with loader) and make another delivery. Much more money that way. I can understand those who do it but when you get into bigger volumes it's not worth it.

I can't understand the "no stacking option" I can stack a cord of wood in a half hour, at $30 per cord that makes $60 an hour. Which, makes it the most money I earn hourly during any point in the firewood making process.

Plus I pick up customers that won't or can't stack it themselves

On a busy weekend, I may deliver 10-12 cords. My personal best was 16 full cord on the weekend and home in time to see the end of the early football games. Stacking bores me and doesn't fit in my schedule.

$225 for tamarack, 200 for red fir or 160 for lodgepole. Stacking (if I have a helper) is 25 a cord. Usually stack if I'm alone.

Hard to tell around here where "face rick loads" is how stuff is measured. Then there are generic stacks in people's yards by the street which will have a sign, ten or twenty bucks. You see those all over. So much good wood here and so many storms, meh, everyone with a yard gets free delivery..WHOMP!

Then guys sitting by little trailer of wood, with a sign that says firewood and no price. I have never stopped and asked price.

Guys who actually advertise cords, it is low/highest 130 to 190 oak and or hickory, around 150 has been an average sort of rate for the past several years now.

kiln dried bundles of oak are two for 8 dollars, that would be 1.5 cubic feet for 8 bucks.

I don't sell any myself, it comes too hard, I would want more than what it could sell for around here. Plus no way to deliver (yet...getting closer though...) and I seriously doubt people would come pick it up with so many guys offering delivery.

I am just stockpiling mine for the future when I am too whipped to get much wood or deal with it. If/when I get a decade ahead, maybe sell some then. If I was more automated with good machinery, maybe, but doing it all by hand, nope, 150 a cord I ain't selling.

If some random person came buy and wanted some, I would perhaps ask what they had to swap, that's about it. I have given away cookwood, hickory and cherry to some people.

Latest posts

Back