What chainsaws do you have (or, why are you here?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah im just joshn you guys. i didnt get a 880, i still have all my saws. to be honest i think tradn all my saws for 880 would be a pretty horibble trade specialy when my 066 will most like out cut it even with long bars mounted. in stock form the 880 is slow tourgue saw. it would need ported to gain some Rsssssss in the wood specialy wood under 40"S

the pics are of my 084 i did get rid of that probly wasnt the best move since it was such a clean saw and i was into it for under a hundred bucks. the bar was small mount cannon bar that i opend up to match the large mount still. i was givin the bar so i made it work.

ohhhhhhwell live and learn

:cheers:Own a Stihl 031AV and a Poulan Pro (toy saw) Working on the Stihl and found great info here! Will keep coming back.

Ive got:

Stihl 020t
stihl ms 200t
stihl ms 260
stihl ms 390
stihl 044
stihl 017
stihl 023

The above are two setups, ones to use and backup

The reason i come on here : i'm new to all this, there is plenty of helpfull information on here to help me and others on the way. You never stop learning :)

chris

Actually, a pretty good thread....

Husky 2100
Husky 395
Husky 372 (7 pin 24" bar)
Husky 372 (8 pin 20" bar)
Husky 346

I ran all stihls at work (and stihl do for the most part), but I few years back we ended up with a few huskys and I took a liking to them so that's what I own and use at home.

My saws have paid for themselves, other than the new 346.... (but my GF can come cut wood with me now so I will call it even.)

I joined this site to learn more about saws and it has definitely paid off. I have been on here for a while and though I don't post a lot, I read when I get the chance and I really appreciate the knowledge on this site.

On the other hand.... you guys are enablers.

To all of the new guys, these people are crazy. Consider your childrens education and get out while you are still happy with your one dilapidated wild thing...:chainsaw:

I suffer from CAD!!!!! and I like it!!!! :clap: My signiture has the list of saws that I have. The next little toy is going to be a top handle saw.
When I bought my house I got my little 260 PRO. It had the crappy carb on it, I just changed it to a WT-194 and did a MM. I got a MS290 for free it was blown up. I rebuilt it as a MS390 and did a MM too. I always wanted a MS460, for what I don't know(kind of like Tim Allen with the V-8.... well you know). This is where the CAD comes in. I picked up a 460 and a week and a half later I found a 038 AVS farmboss. The big Homelite(C-72) is my fathers that I took possession of. That thing is almost mint.

saws

My signature says it all---but wait there are more,oh crap I have to list some more someday, cad you know!

Ray

Last edited:
Remington:

SL-5

Stihl:

026 x3
026 PRO x2
028 AVS
036 PRO
044 MAG
TS-420

Husky:

51 with a 55 P&C
55 x2

All are work saws except for the Remington

I gots a black & decker battery powered 12 volts, needed more power for the 42" bar so I sent it out to Mastermind, he ported it with a 18 volt Dewalt battery. Youall best be watchin out at the next GTG

A seven year old 455 Rancher, a brand new 562XP and a 40 year old 031AV. Now I have time to learn how to use them.

Electric craftsman chainsaw

:chainsawguy:

Landed here because i was looking for a good saw, thats how i ended up with the 026 and the 046 :p

Gots me a "WildThang" wid a 28" runnin' full skip 3/8's Lo Pro.

I smokes em' down at the wood lot.:blob2::blob2::blob2:

Latest posts

Back