What did you ask Santa for this year?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plasmech

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Thought this would be a fun post in the spirit of the holidays. Hope it's the right forum! What did you guys ask Santa for this year?

(I asked for a Petzl Vertex vent helmet to replace my cheapo Rockman "Gilligan" bucket.)

I asked Santa for a Sony Pov HD helmet cam. Santa, being a practical fellow, decided that wearing a $2800.00 camera in a tree was a little over the top, so the POV 1.5 is under the tree instead. Along with a Dolmar 7900. Looking for someone to mod the muffler: Suggestions here are welcome. Merry X-Mas!

I asked Santa for a Sony Pov HD helmet cam. Santa, being a practical fellow, decided that wearing a $2800.00 camera in a tree was a little over the top, so the POV 1.5 is under the tree instead. Along with a Dolmar 7900. Looking for someone to mod the muffler: Suggestions here are welcome. Merry X-Mas!

:censored:! thats how much them things cost!

Well, I guess vanity aint cheap.

Just kidding.

Thought this would be a fun post in the spirit of the holidays. Hope it's the right forum! What did you guys ask Santa for this year?

(I asked for a Petzl Vertex vent helmet to replace my cheapo Rockman "Gilligan" bucket.)

MS660.

I was told that was a bit much for Santa. Apparently he's tapped out after getting Tom's list.

I musta been good this year, Santa brought me a new wood hauler:

attachment.php

Must not have had a lot of room in the sleigh for it and all the other gifts so he dropped it off early. Now if I could just talk someone into a set of rubber floor mats...

attachment.php

Must not have had a lot of room in the sleigh for it and all the other gifts so he dropped it off early. Now if I could just talk someone into a set of rubber floor mats...[/QU

She looks a little petite to be hauling wood.

Branch Manager Grapple for my Bobcat. Haven't had many chances to use it but so far I love it. 'Welded a hitch receiver on the bottom and I don't even have to take the BM off to spot my tow behind lift or move my chipper around. Life's good.
Phil

By the size, shape and weight of the package, I'm getting a BigShot.

:clap:

I'm good with a toss to about 40'. After that it's an adventure. And if I don't nail it in three shots, I just get worse and worse.

I recall one desperation shot, groundie standing behind me, a frenchman who suddenly came up with a damn near perfect Bob Eucker impression:

"Juuust a little outside."

I wanted to slap him down, but it broke the tension, got me back on track.

-----------------------------------------

If I'm right about the BigShot, my little Santa's going to get a bit more than cookies and milk this year...

RedlineIt

attachment.php

Must not have had a lot of room in the sleigh for it and all the other gifts so he dropped it off early. Now if I could just talk someone into a set of rubber floor mats...

WOW nice wood hauler she looks rugged... That truck is pretty nice too.

Last edited:
I'm thinking maybe I'm spoiled. Anything under a grand that I need or want for tree work I already have. No sense in asking Santa for a new chip truck or stump grinder 'cause I know I haven't been THAT good.

Maybe I should be asking ObamaClause for a new truck rather than Santa. He seems to be giving out a lot of free stuff this year...

I'm thinking maybe I'm spoiled. Anything under a grand that I need or want for tree work I already have. No sense in asking Santa for a new chip truck or stump grinder 'cause I know I haven't been THAT good.

Maybe I should be asking ObamaClause for a new truck rather than Santa. He seems to be giving out a lot of free stuff this year...

The only problem with that is to get ObamaClause gifts you have to give up your ability to do or think for yourself.

How much wood can you fit in that teeny bed?

I see Missoula on the front of that rig. My sister lives out there, nice area.

Anyhow, congrats.

How much wood can you fit in that teeny bed?

I see Missoula on the front of that rig. My sister lives out there, nice area.

Anyhow, congrats.

I'm more worried with getting turned around on goat trails/ mountain roads than what I can fit in the bed. Besides most of my wood will go in here:

attachment.php

And I actually live in western Washington. But you're right Missoula seemed like a nice area.

Back