What did you ask Santa for this year?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only problem with that is to get ObamaClause gifts you have to give up your ability to do or think for yourself.

I can just here ole ObamaClause..."A new stump grinder? You'll chip your eye out kid..."

Maybe I should just ask him for a football or some tinker toys.

Or free health care.

I'm more worried with getting turned around on goat trails/ mountain roads than what I can fit in the bed. Besides most of my wood will go in here:

Ahh, gotcha. Should pull the trailer just fine then. As for turning on mountain roads, mine seems to have about a 1/4 mile turning radius. Makes for many-pointed turns and some wear on the bumpers (back into the cutbank, creep up to the edge, back into the bank, etc.)

And I actually live in western Washington. But you're right Missoula seemed like a nice area.

It did say Missoula on the front, right? Long ways to go for a truck.

Grew up in OR, lived in the Puget sound area for awhile. It's all better than where I'm at now. Maybe I should ask Santa for a good job out west again.

:cheers:

It did say Missoula on the front, right? Long ways to go for a truck.

Yup it came from Missoula. Actually my wife and I flew out and drove it home. It was a great deal on the truck and an enjoyable drive home so I couldn't be happier about it.

Chipper Truck and Chipper is on the list. But as slow as this fall was I'll be lucky to get a good kick in the A$$. LOL

Hey Plas did you see this its not the Vent but at that price cut some holes in it and call it a day.

http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=196&item=1017

Oh yeah with a little sand paper the Husky crap comes right off it.

No way thats sweet deal. I actually picked up that exact helmet there,(Treestuff.com, aka Metro Arborist Supply) is 20 minutes from my house. Course when I bought it, it was still at the $69 dollar price As far as vented vs non my non vented has never bothered me in the heat, plus its rated for electrical protection where the vented is not.

As far as santa, I asked him for "The Art and Science of Practical Rigging DVD and Book Set" By Ken Palmer and Rip Tompkins, Hopefully I will pick up some decent rigging knowledge.

Santa sure did come early here as well, picked up my new truck and chipper a few days before thanksgiving. I got an Isuzu FTR 16 yard chip box, 33' knuckle boom and a Vermeer BC1800XL with only 392 hours on it. Now I don't know what to get the wife, maybe a few yards of chips.....
By the way i will try to figure out how to post pics someday as well

Santa sure did come early here as well, picked up my new truck and chipper a few days before thanksgiving. I got an Isuzu FTR 16 yard chip box, 33' knuckle boom and a Vermeer BC1800XL with only 392 hours on it. Now I don't know what to get the wife, maybe a few yards of chips.....
By the way i will try to figure out how to post pics someday as well

Very nice! I love the way my 1800 chews up trees but wish I had a bit more power than the 115hp JD provides. 150hp would be about right. What engine did you get with yours?

Nice chip truck too. I'd sure like to find something like that to pull my 1800. I miss the knuckleboom I sold a few years ago. It was nice to have around for picking small tree sections over houses, fences or landscaping. Mind my asking what that truck sent Santa back?

Optio W80 digital camera, I broke my last camera, and Ive been having to use my phone.

Some residential framing books

Another chain for the truck bed

Some more ratchet straps and hooks for my trailer

FISKARS 4lb axe

a hunting jacket

I think thats a pretty good well rounded list, something that covers every different area of stuff I like to do. Building, towing, wood cutting, hunting, and a camera to take pics of them all.

Very nice! I love the way my 1800 chews up trees but wish I had a bit more power than the 115hp JD provides. 150hp would be about right. What engine did you get with yours?

Nice chip truck too. I'd sure like to find something like that to pull my 1800. I miss the knuckleboom I sold a few years ago. It was nice to have around for picking small tree sections over houses, fences or landscaping. Mind my asking what that truck sent Santa back?

Yea my 1800 has the JD 115hp too which is plenty for anything small / medium and a knuckle for larger logs. As for the truck santa got it from a friend and it was worth every bit of $30,000.

Optio W80 digital camera, I broke my last camera, and Ive been having to use my phone.

Some residential framing books

Another chain for the truck bed

Some more ratchet straps and hooks for my trailer

FISKARS 4lb axe

a hunting jacket

I think thats a pretty good well rounded list, something that covers every different area of stuff I like to do. Building, towing, wood cutting, hunting, and a camera to take pics of them all.

I have that hatchet, it's *real* nice.

i asked for that "arborwear TRAX BELT" belt in the christmas baily's catalog

..........but so far i got a orange GB 20" bar and a ADIDAS climacool polo shirt

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back