What Do You Have For A Bed Liner In Your Truck?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Do You Have For A Bed Liner In Your Truck?

• I have a spray on bed liner.

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • I have a drop in bed liner.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • I have a bed mat.

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • I don't have a bed liner or bed mat.

Votes: 24 22.0%

• Total voters
I have a drop-in (Pendaliner?) that it came with. I also use a rubber mat most of the time so stuff doesn't slide around. Covered with a Ex-Tang tonneau.

No complaints but if I had to do it on my own dime, I'd use the new roll-on Rhinoliner.

Last edited:
Spray in is the way to go but a rubber mat is the next best thing. I still got almost all the paint, no rust, a few dents, and nothing slides around in it. I hate that sliding around crap!

I have a drop-in in my truck and i hate it. I was up cutting wood last year late in the season and had the bed full of logs. When heading out of where i was at i had to go over a good size mound to get out. The logs slid out a little ways going up and on the down hill side slid forward and slammed forward. In doing so it bent the bed all the way to the cab and bent the cab a bit (almost lost the back window). Lesson learned... Don't forget the load straps at camp with that truck again.

My bed is made of diamond plate steel. Back before I went to a flatbed I had a spray liner by rhino liner and it was outstanding.

The damn drop in plastic liners should be outlawed, not only will they rust out the bed, they will get your azz killed, try getting up in one in winter, frozen frost or the slighest moisture is like being on ice, since I wear boots most of the time, the drop in is a hell of a way to get you head busted, arm broke or worse, I hate the things with a passion. I guess they might be better than nothing but it would be my absolute last resort. I would rather run a saw butt naked with out a chain brake, than to mess with those drop in liners in the winter time it would be about 100 times safer imho.

I have the spray in liner .. the only issue I have is that it does not protect the bed from denting by the throwing blocks of wood in

I've got a nice thick layer of oil, grease, wood chips & bark, bailing wire, and some used sammich bags lining my truck bed. The oil & grease keep the metal from rusting. About once a year, or so I shovel it out and start over. :cheers:

Andy

line x spray in liner with a layer of concrete (from construction, crap gets everywhere and doesn't come off) on the 97 ram i drive daily. The wood hauler a 92 chevy 3/4ton has a 9ft diamond plate steel flatbed with wooden racks. Custom matched a set of leaf springs out of a 5ton dump truck on the back (pretty niffty with the welder) and it never squats have had over a cord on it bout all the tires will take (load range E) 80psi loaded

Sounds like my kind of wood haulin, load them until the front wheels come off the ground. I thought I run a lot of air hauling at 70 psi.

I can't believe more people aren't using plywood. For $30 you can get pressure treated 3/4" plywood. Works great.

The damn drop in plastic liners should be outlawed, not only will they rust out the bed, they will get your azz killed, try getting up in one in winter, frozen frost or the slighest moisture is like being on ice, since I wear boots most of the time, the drop in is a hell of a way to get you head busted, arm broke or worse, I hate the things with a passion. I guess they might be better than nothing but it would be my absolute last resort. I would rather run a saw butt naked with out a chain brake, than to mess with those drop in liners in the winter time it would be about 100 times safer imho.

I have the spray in liner .. the only issue I have is that it does not protect the bed from denting by the throwing blocks of wood in

Double Bingo. These are the 2 key problem with current bedliners. The drop in are slick as he77 ...which can be a good thing or a bad thing. It can be nice to slide heavy objects around, but then again, if you don't tie everything down, EVERYTHING slides around... But they take a lot of shocks that don't beat up the bed metal. Whereas the spray-ins are great for keeping stuff in place and tough as nails ....but the bed metal is basically right there to get mangled up.

Perhaps the perfect storm is a drop-in that has an anti-slip coating/layer on it? Maybe lay down a cheap spray on/roll on first to protect the bed from rust, then drop in the super-duper anitslip bed liner? I need to go start a business...

-Dave
(mine is drop in right now...)

Latest posts

Back