What goes 'round comes 'round.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the old time way of lending a helping hand to those who are truly in
need when we are able to do so and a rare sight to witness these days. In addition, this type of selfless gift often leaves the giver feeling more blessed then the receiver and that's a pretty good deal all the way around. I'll bet you not only made their day, but your own as well. Rep on the way and well deserved.

Maplemeister: :clap::clap::clap:
-----

You guys are embarrassing me with all the kudos & reps. I just posted to suggest others 'pay it forward' to those truly in need at this time of year. :heart:

Shari

Nice job Shari. That was very thoughtful of you to do such a kind act. I would rep ya but you are in my holding pattern , I will rep once I repped some more.

Beefie

What a nice thing to do-repped ya.

As a side note I was reading this and I said to my wife "look honey, this nice lady gave this man wood" wife said "what kind of forum are you reading?" I had to explain myself.

When the old man and the young man left our home, with what little they had scavenged from that ol' willow and the good, 2 yr. seasoned split hard maple from my stash, the old man had a heaping pickup truck load and a really, really big smile on his face. When they left I gave the old man a hug and said "Now, you stay warm, okay? Pay it forward someday if you can."

He said he would.

And, no, I don't even know who he was.

EDIT: You guys are embarrassing me with all the kudos & reps. I just posted to suggest others 'pay it forward' to those truly in need at this time of year. :heart:

Shari

More "embarrassment" sent to you... It's well deserved Shari. Enjoy your new
reputation_goldstar.gif

Posts like this are why I go begging for rep around here, so I can give more to those who are truly deserving.

Good on you!

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Congrats for being so good!

It will come back to you many times over. I positively love the feeling when I am fortunate enough to be able to give.

Out of rep for today, will get you tomorrow!

Karma...she's a knockout of a beautiful babe, ain't she?

my name is Earl

RD

Karma...she's a knockout of a beautiful babe, ain't she?

my name is Earl

RD

"Beautiful babe"??? Funny! I bought a 'chore coat' a couple of months ago. It's a knock-off of a CarHart type of coat. I had just left the recycle center and needed to make a quick stop at the grocery store for something while wearing my 'chore coat' & I had a knit hat jammed on my head. I forgot I was wearing hubby's boots. :) While checking out at the grocery store the clerk says to me "And how are you today, sir?" Sheesh! I guess I have to get a knit had with sequins or something on it! :)

Shari

Perhaps on the tail-end of this fantastic thread is a good place to bounce a "hypothetical" question off you folks (take the hypothetical with a grin). For the sake of discussion, imagine you have roughly 100 acres of woodland, mostly hardwood. Also suppose you sell a little wood in various forms, strictly small time. Say you have a big ol pile of less-desirable wood from which you cut most of your own use. What would you do if you knew someone who needed wood and was even more physically able than yourself to cut it, and you offered them all the less-desirable wood they wanted free of charge and they wouldn't take it. Now it is late in the season and everybody and his brother is running low on firewood and the less desirable wood is looking a little better than before but still not as good as the oak and hickory. What if you even offered to help them split it and they still turned their nose up at it, all the while wanting access to the "good stuff". Would you hang tough or would you give up some of it?? I realize that sycamore, poplar and soft maple ain't much, but free and help splitting too, and still it ain't good enough? What say ye?

Say cuz, ya'll can lead a horse to easy wood, but ya'll cain't make them work it.

BTDT with sum neighbors.

Pulled up at one guys house, truck and trailer full of cut rounds, and asked for $30 for gas. He said $20 or keep it.

Dem was some good s'mores.

Perhaps on the tail-end of this fantastic thread is a good place to bounce a "hypothetical" question off you folks (take the hypothetical with a grin). For the sake of discussion, imagine you have roughly 100 acres of woodland, mostly hardwood. Also suppose you sell a little wood in various forms, strictly small time. Say you have a big ol pile of less-desirable wood from which you cut most of your own use. What would you do if you knew someone who needed wood and was even more physically able than yourself to cut it, and you offered them all the less-desirable wood they wanted free of charge and they wouldn't take it. Now it is late in the season and everybody and his brother is running low on firewood and the less desirable wood is looking a little better than before but still not as good as the oak and hickory. What if you even offered to help them split it and they still turned their nose up at it, all the while wanting access to the "good stuff". Would you hang tough or would you give up some of it?? I realize that sycamore, poplar and soft maple ain't much, but free and help splitting too, and still it ain't good enough? What say ye?

Beggar's should not be choosy........matter of fact I am about to slip in a couple of popular pieces mixed with some cherry and call it a night.

Shari,

Good on ya!!

Makes ya feel good doin' such a thing, and the person ya helped, gets back a little faith.

:cheers::cheers:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Latest posts

Back