what grinds your gears guys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TIMBERTRON

DONE MOVING IN GREAT FALLS NOW
Reaction score
so had a guy wake in about 5 minutes before i called it on new years eve. said he bought a saw and it wont cut so i ask to see the saw and the guy gose out grabs the saw and brings it in brand spanking new and starts after 2 pulls and runs rpms right on the money stihl ms251.
Here is the kicker guys i noticed right off the bat the chain was on wrong told the guy and put on right. guy had striaght gased it for about 5 minutes of run time as well tell the guy how to mix the gas and gave him a tank in the saw for free to help out. no scoring yet he lucked out. comes in today straight gas or not mixed enough and says it is not cutting again of coarse the chain is back on the saw backwards and the tank is full of straight gas (scored piston this time ) told the guy he killed his saw he tried to take to dealer he got it from they told him the same thing now he is pissed off at me for trying to help
THIS IS WHAT GRINDS MY GEARS THOSE THAT SHOULD NEVER USE A SAW OR OWN ONE
EVEN AFTER TIPS AND HELP

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 53
Other than what Timbertron has already mentioned, what grinds my gears are when I forget to put in the clutch.
dont you hate when that happens mine is always the throttle linkage on the 400 series husky homeowner saws i will do what ever repair i have to and then i forget the throttle linkage

The most frustrating customer is the one that you go above and beyond for, and they are pissed at you for not doing enough.
do tell this is a venting a funny thread just to see what other have challenges with or brain fart moments or difficult repairs on saws that just dont seem to work no matter what you have done

Lol, I was meaning the clutch on my car.
It's all good though as none of us are on the same wavelength anyway. Lol
dont you hate when that happens mine is always the throttle linkage on the 400 series husky homeowner saws i will do what ever repair i have to and then i forget the throttle linkage

I can't believe that there are people like this still alive, WTF happened to the laws of evolution.
The list is long and distinguished, like my... oh nevermind.
Traffic signals, guardrail, child safety caps, pictograms for instructions, green label chain, two button triggers on skilsaws, CT Scanners, science based EMS, all those things help dilute the gene pool. The list goes on, but that's enough, I think.

OTOH, maybe that's not all bad. If I had been born a caveman, I would be dead from pneumonia 48 years ago, or eaten by the sabertooth tiger I couldn't see because I can't see the end of my arm without glasses.

Lol, I was meaning the clutch on my car.
It's all good though as none of us are on the same wavelength anyway. Lol
lol im with you know that might grind any gears
keep them coming guys anything that get the blood to boil or the big WTF in your mind will work on this thread
untitled.png

What really wrangles my whiskers is when I'm trying to get a job done and the other guys just stand around watching for 3 hours, then write on their time cards expecting to be paid for it!

I use to cut with a group of guys. I cut the trees into 16 ft lengths the next guy loaded with his loader in the other guys semi who did the hauling. But the wood only went to his house which is 35 minutes from my house. I can't wait to watch him cut that 36" oak with his 021 with 16" bar and split it with his ax. :ices_rofl: We made about 15-20 cord of hardwood that weekend and I made up my mind to cut for myself only and I won't see any of that wood again.

I can't believe that there are people like this still alive, WTF happened to the laws of evolution.

devolve.jpg

In general, littering! I have lived and/or owned businesses on one highway or another pretty much all my life. Picking up trash behind trash annoys the hell out of me. I have picked up countless tons of other people's trash. Counting both sides I keep up about a half mile of highway now.

I keep an eye on what I pick up and lots of slobs smoke. Used to be slobs drank beer. Now they drink a little natural light and a lot of bud light. The bud light has been consistent over four highways seventy miles or more apart all told. Interestingly, it looks like the bottled water drinkers have just moved ahead of the bud light drinkers. I think it is because the bud light drinkers are helping out the water drinkers when they are drinking on the job but the water drinkers aren't returning the favor! Not saying all smokers are slobs or the people that drink one thing or another are but picking up litter sure proves that the slobs favor certain things. Take out convenience store pizza too. I catch somebody buying bud light and pizza at the corner store three miles up the road I might hit them right in the teeth just in case it is them throwing all the crap in the ditches for me to pick up.

Chainsaw related, people that make videos with dull azzed chain! The legend in his own mind explains what he is gonna do and why and then I am treated to what I know is a pretty good saw spending five minutes or more trying to gnaw through a sixteen or eighteen inch green growing tree when I know the species is soft! Some of the guys on here that know their business cut down four times the tree in a fourth the time. Sometimes I am wondering how many times those other guys are going to have to refuel to cut a small tree.

Hu

People blocking traffic because Starbucks drive thru is backed up into the street in gf mt wtf
Is the coffee really worth it ??????

Latest posts

Back