What Happens When A Stihlhead Runs A Hot Rod Husqvarna???????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work as per ususal Randy. I noticed the comment regarding the reduction in the CC due to milling the squish band. While it does look like a fair amount, id be interested to see a before and after measurement.....simple enough to do.

I am also curious as to if you have read any of the findings that no oil in cylinder or on rings when assembling is better?

Nice work as per ususal Randy. I noticed the comment regarding the reduction in the CC due to milling the squish band. While it does look like a fair amount, id be interested to see a before and after measurement.....simple enough to do.

I am also curious as to if you have read any of the findings that no oil in cylinder or on rings when assembling is better?

I do know some guys that assemble dry for rapid break in......I'm not in that camp though. :laugh:

After doing several of the same saw I've figured out how much to remove to achieve a certain psi at a certain exhaust height. I've never CCed a combustion chamber........at least not yet.

I do know some guys that assemble dry for rapid break in......I'm not in that camp though. :laugh:

After doing several of the same saw I've figured out how much to remove to achieve a certain psi at a certain exhaust height. I've never CCed a combustion chamber........at least not yet.
:stupid:

I figure you can only remove so much anyway, due to plating and heights above top ring on piston.

I dont believe its totally for break in speed, but also quality of ring seal......

I figure you can only remove so much anyway, due to plating and heights above top ring on piston.

I dont believe its totally for break in speed, but also quality of ring seal......

You can remove more then you'd ever need to. Most I've taken out is .050" on a 385 and its at 215psi.

You can remove more then you'd ever need to. Most I've taken out is .050" on a 385 and its at 215psi.

The only reason you would ever need to remove more than the plating height would allow would be in the case of a dedicated cookie cutter where the exhaust was so high the compression ratio suffered. That's were two piece heads come in to play....

Im posting this pic of the compression on the 395 just to prove to Randy that I can read a compression gauge. Here you go you old bastard.:yoyo: By the way I have to buy a new gauge , shortly after this pic my compression gauge crapped on me.

Im posting this pic of the compression on the 395 just to prove to Randy that I can read a compression gauge. Here you go you old bastard.:yoyo: By the way I have to buy a new gauge , shortly after this pic my compression gauge crapped on me.

You may know how to read a gauge, but you sure don't know how to take a clear pic!!:D

Here is mine. Get one of these.

attachment.php

Back