• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

What just happened to the 044 thread?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My fav saw just depends on what I'm doing I like the stihl 50-60cc saws husky 70-80cc saws then stihl 90+cc saws Although I do have a weak spot for 044's too.

Wiggs used to love the 046 tops on the 044.. He was always looking for donor 46 top ends for his experiments. Then again its been years since I have been really active so I could be remembering it wrong.. My fav top on the 44 is the original diagonal 10mm cylinder.

I'm sure its not Herman.i worked as an electrician for several years.got several jolts from others mistakes.just that small amount of juice isn't funny.first time i got hit was when i was working as a carpenter on a house.retch up to unloop a wire for under cabinet lighting so me and my boss could hang a cabinet.the electrician never taped or wire nutted the hot wire.i grabbed hold of the end and it knocked me to the ground.the boss kept the electrician away until we finished up and moved to another job.i told him if the electrician showed up i was going to whoop his ass just for being an idiot for not taking precautions. I think that was the last house he done for that contractor.
I actually worked as an electrician around here that followed all of the so called electrians around cleaning up their mistakes.that was until i split ways with the guy i worked for.even now and then i'll get clean up jobs.Can't count the times i've got the snot knocked out of me.luckily wearing electrical hazard boots help cut down on the jolt.doesn't help at all if your grounded elsewhere.
Working on the lake around here i've had a few close encounters with lightening.worse thing i've gooten so far is bruises and pop knots from hail stones.the guys from the office came up a few summers ago to help me on part of the dock at the lake house i take care of.when they left they swore that they would have to have hazard pay if they worked with me much.i laughed at them.:laugh:

A fellow that lived on the other side of the mountain from me when I was growing up was hit 7 times, they called him the "Human Lightning Rod".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Sullivan
My take on people that get hit multiple times isn't that they have an attraction for lightning but that they are involved in activities that put them at risk. When I got struck, I was hoeing in my garden next to a steel building. The lightning went between my shoulder and the building and between the hoe and the ground shooting an arc about 2 feet long. I was soaking wet and some people I talked to said that's what kept me from getting fried. (they said the current just went on the surface of my body instead of through me). Woke me up for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back