• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

What just happened to the 044 thread?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
last night i went back and looked at the original pics sent after seeing the buyers pics and there is nothing taken from that side of the saw close enough to see the crushed handle and plastic and nothing of the bottom of the saw. and youre right about mattfr12, and as i recall he offered the buyer of the 200t another parts saw or two to try to make it right. Lesson:Dont sell something for dirtbag friend.

You actually believe there was a "dirtbag friend"?

I asked mattfr12 three, or four very direct questions about in whose possession was the posted saw? Why was the same posted saw still for sale on Pittsburgh Craigslist?Who posted the saw on CL? Who possessed the saw that was posted here, and on CL?

Mattfr12 never gave a direct answer to any of my questionsn though he did say, "Oh I forgot to remove the CL ad". Which further causes concern that if he posted the ad, then he was more complicit in this bad deal then he was willing to openly admit. His mia culpa of, "hey, I got screwed here too, guys" is a pile of horse crap, and the deleting of the thread just further magnifies his culpabiltity by way of omission.

Thanks for the support guys... If redneck doesn't make it right I will be sure to raise a stink. To say I was disappointed when I opened the box is an understatement. I posted the pics on the original thread so I would be able to keep all the info in one place if he chose to ignore it. As it sits he seems willing to make it right.. Time will tell. To us saw snobs of course its not in great condition so "condition" is subjective to how we each view it. Not trying to defend just giving him time to make it right. He has always responded to my PM's and seems like he's trying to fix it. The thing is here we trust each other a bit more than say ebay. We kinda have to or this system doesn't work well.

I have zero tolerance for stuff like this. A broken tank/handle is not something that gets missed. Critical information was omitted, and it's hard to believe it wasn't done purposely.

If the OP has nothing to hide, he wouldn't have deleted the threads that he started pertaining to this saw. I'd like to say what I really think, but I'm going to remain civil for now...

You actually believe there was a "dirtbag friend"?

I asked mattfr12 three, or four very direct questions about in whose possession was the posted saw? Why was the same posted saw still for sale on Pittsburgh Craigslist?Who posted the saw on CL? Who possessed the saw that was posted here, and on CL?

Mattfr12 never gave a direct answer to any of my questionsn though he did say, "Oh I forgot to remove the CL ad". Which further causes concern that if he posted the ad, then he was more complicit in this bad deal then he was willing to openly admit. His mia culpa of, "hey, I got screwed here too, guys" is a pile of horse crap, and the deleting of the thread just further magnifies his culpabiltity by way of omission.
I sometimes give too much benefit of the doubt. By all accounts, this guy has been on this site a while and this is not the first transaction he has made. why would a person risk decent rep and risk losing all the resources available on this site for a couple hundred bucks....none of it makes sense

I sometimes give too much benefit of the doubt. By all accounts, this guy has been on this site a while and this is not the first transaction he has made. why would a person risk decent rep and risk losing all the resources available on this site for a couple hundred bucks....none of it makes sense

I don't know. Mayhaps the situation got out of control? I doubt he went into this with the intention of burning someone, but the lack of answers, and the constant deflection of blame makes me believe he had the ability to control the outcome, and chose not to.

He is thinking the handle damage was done in transit... He insured it and is trying to go that route.... I am keeping out of it till I see what the outcome is..

I have zero tolerance for stuff like this. A broken tank/handle is not something that gets missed. Critical information was omitted, and it's hard to believe it wasn't done purposely.

If the OP has nothing to hide, he wouldn't have deleted the threads that he started pertaining to this saw. I'd like to say what I really think, but I'm going to remain civil for now...
Agreed!

Maybe there could be some sort of issue or recourse (if that's the right word) section that can't be deleted. It can list any issues or problems with any sales or buys and also what was or was not done about it. Maybe it's an impossible task but it's just a thought.

The OP can delete their own thread, but they can't delete our comments, right? We could make it difficult for them to sell a saw next time if they don't make it right...

The OP can delete their own thread, but they can't delete our comments, right? We could make it difficult for them to sell a saw next time if they don't make it right...
Wrong. The whole thread gets deleted. You lose any posts associated with the thread, and any associated "likes", "post quotes", etc.

Wrong. The whole thread gets deleted. You lose any posts associated with the thread, and any associated "likes", "post quotes", etc.
Right, I get that.
We could make it difficult for them to sell a saw next time if they don't make it right...

IE, warn potential buyers about these shady dealings the next time if they ever post in here again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back