• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

What just happened to the 044 thread?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't personally know OldSawNut (buyer) but he has been a member since 2007. We have to look after "our own."
I have zero tolerance for stuff like this. A broken tank/handle is not something that gets missed. Critical information was omitted, and it's hard to believe it wasn't done purposely.

If the OP has nothing to hide, he wouldn't have deleted the threads that he started pertaining to this saw. I'd like to say what I really think, but I'm going to remain civil for now...

Hear Hear! this man speaks the truth!

He is thinking the handle damage was done in transit... He insured it and is trying to go that route.... I am keeping out of it till I see what the outcome is..

show us the box.... if the box isn't damaged, it's hard to believe the saw was damaged inside. Post those pics you posted in that thread last night so everyone can see it.

Maybe there could be some sort of issue or recourse (if that's the right word) section that can't be deleted. It can list any issues or problems with any sales or buys and also what was or was not done about it. Maybe it's an impossible task but it's just a thought.

I think once a deal is in place- the thread should be "undelete-able"

Unfortunately in the short time I have been here there have been enough of these "situations" to warrent a "bad" seller/buyer forum. A place to air some of the info and also allow other members to research potential transactions.

On the flip, if there is a bad, we should also have a good buyer/seller forum.

show us the box.... if the box isn't damaged, it's hard to believe the saw was damaged inside. Post those pics you posted in that thread last night so everyone can see it.
thats exactly right. that to me didnt look like "new damage". I guess seeing the pics again would be good, but with the amount of filth embedded in the saw and in broken/damaged areas, it just smacks of deception. I have learned a ton in my short time hanging out here, and have only completed one transaction (which actually worked out with me getting shorted on parts...). I am of the opinion that there is no room in an honest society for liars and cheats. It would be unfortunate for the tradin post to get the rep of being a risky place to do biz. If bryanr2's spending is any indication, a lot of honest people buy and sell on here daily and they should be able to do so without needing a full resume and references for a $200 saw.

thats exactly right. that to me didnt look like "new damage". I guess seeing the pics again would be good, but with the amount of filth embedded in the saw and in broken/damaged areas, it just smacks of deception. I have learned a ton in my short time hanging out here, and have only completed one transaction (which actually worked out with me getting shorted on parts...). I am of the opinion that there is no room in an honest society for liars and cheats. It would be unfortunate for the tradin post to get the rep of being a risky place to do biz. If bryanr2's spending is any indication, a lot of honest people buy and sell on here daily and they should be able to do so without needing a full resume and references for a $200 saw.

When Papaw was alive, he once told me on the porch swing, "It takes a lifetime to build a good name, and a second to destroy it." May be the most profound sentence I have ever had spoken to me. I've lived by it for over 20 years now.

When Papaw was alive, he once told me on the porch swing, "It takes a lifetime to build a good name, and a second to destroy it." May be the most profound sentence I have ever had spoken to me. I've lived by it for over 20 years now.
+1 [emoji106]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back