What oil and mixture?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oil in the left side hole.. .High test gas in the right side.

What.. I'm supposed to mix the fuel?! Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong.

93 Non-E Amsoil Saber 32:1

Mostly Motul 800 2T@40:1, but now trying some Husky XP to see what it's like.

I am running stihl ultra at 36:1 but the price is getting to be crazy at my local dealers so I'm thinking about switching but don't really know what to try.

vada4aze.jpg
93 octane @40:1

I am running stihl ultra at 36:1 but the price is getting to be crazy at my local dealers so I'm thinking about switching but don't really know what to try.

Stihl saw how much Hewlett Packard was getting for ink and got all jealous, eventually the little oil bottles will have to be mailed back to Vir Beach.

32:1 in premium fuel, whatever oil is cheapest.

1 gallon jugs of RedMax mix oil was around $30.00 last year, if you are near a dealer might be worth a look if you need that kind of volume.

Last edited:
I wanted to try some different oil. (I was using husky xp oil, I think its a great oil. Just wanted experiment a little.)
This year I have been running Power Plus by Manhattan oil with 91 non E @40:1. Its 100% ester synthetic with no stabilizer so I generally use PRI-G with it.

Last winter I rebuild my 372 and as of now I have roughly 50 tanks of that mix through it so this winter im going to pull it apart and see what it looks like.

E85 to Stihl winter blend bar oil. 1:100. No noticeable wear in 100 tanks, run in all my OPE, even diesel lawn mower!

Latest posts

Back