What saw are you buying yourself for Christmas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking the New Jonsered 2171 would have been good enough, but the 2095 parts and pieces I bought from a member came today.Then on the way home from working out of town I found a 630 Super that was in the truck while driving back. Merry Christmas!

No new saws this year for x-mas, but i did pay my bill at the Sthil dealer. Broke as hell now!!

Should I run .325 or 3/8 on it? :D

attachment.php

I see we think alot alike.:D Just bought this yesterday! to replace one I sold years ago, like an idiot. Merry Christmas!

100_0174.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

BOUGHT A SHINDAIWA 300S AND 2 CS370'S AND A CS400 ALL THE SAME NIGHT BUT THE WIFE WONT KNOW TILL THEY SHOW.....:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::laugh::laugh:

The Jonsered CS2171 & Stihl MS361 were my early Christmas gifts to myself. Did some horse trading for a b&c for the PoulanPro 4820; they arrived today so I guess that's my Christmas "saw" present.

xl

Tight budget here so have to go used/cheap maybe close to a runner at purchase. Found a little xl in a local pawn shop looks to need just the purge/primer bulb. Seeing as I have one on an old non runner, probably that one. We'll see next week when I go back into town if it is still there, I'll take some fuel with me and the cap.

Hoping that a lot of dudes get new saws locally for themselves so their old ones will start showing up on craigslist, then can pick and choose better for swaps/cheap purchases. I have one good runner in the 30 cc class, two 60 CC, so now need another smaller one, then something 80-90cc. Ideally I want two good runners in every size, as I need those sizes for what I cut (or have a desire to cut..), so I need primary then a backup.

Once I have that, then I can think about getting into trading up, etc. Getting more and more into my small engine repair, it's just easier than wrangling with larger equipment, losing interest there fast as I get older, just too hard and expensive.

Back