What saws have you run today???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, none. Havent been able to do much with xmas and the soggy weather here. I have been itching to run em all since it has been several weeks:msp_mad:

Hopefully tomorrow I can have a bit of noodling fun before we go out for a family holiday buffet type lunch.:rock:

How should I find a saw the darkest day of the year, and just after the world went under? :msp_confused::alien2:

Last edited:
Nothing today, but the Cummins is loaded for a run to the western black hills to get into some slash piles tommorow!:hmm3grin2orange:

The only saw I ran today was a Mini Mac. :msp_mellow:
Put a new carb kit and fuel line in it for a friend of my Dads.
I cut a couple cookies after I was done.

I worked on a Husky 365 though... I'll run it tomorrow.

The only saw I ran today was a Mini Mac. :msp_mellow:
Put a new carb kit and fuel line in it for a friend of my Dads.
I cut a couple cookies after I was done.

I worked on a Husky 365 though... I'll run it tomorrow.

After workin' on a mini, I wouldn't want to look at a saw for a month.

Just kidding, I :heart: my mini!

Used a Echo CS400 to cut some firewood rounds that were a bit long, and cleaned off the bench and put up a few little plastic Poulans up to see if I could get a runner or two.

My neighbor had a big red oak come down when "Superstorm" Sandy rolled through. I finally got around to sawing it up for him today. I was running my Husqvarna 365 (with a Bailey's 78cc big bore kit ported by Timberwolf). I had square ground chain on it to start with but after a half tank of fuel, the chain started to dull, so I switched over to my Makita 6801 with the 78cc big bore kit to finish a few cuts.

I was fiddling around in the garage last night when I realized that I could fit a 9 pin .325 rim sprocket on my Stihl 066 (with a 98cc BB kit). So, I took a GB titanium bar from one of my 028s and stuck it on the 066. Surprisingly, the 95 VP chain also fit even though it was made for an 8 tooth .325 sprocket. I tried the 066/95VP combo today and it was awesome! I was leery that the chain would snap, but after two tanks of fuel, all is well.

I also ran a Stihl pole saw to get a couple straggly limbs from another neighbor's tree, but I don't think that counts, does it?

Guys ,
Can we please refrain from comments on your local temps if they are above 30*.
Some of us hate you SOBs that can cut in shorts in December. Now it's all good if you are below 30*.

Carry on...

LOLOL!!! forecast for today High 79°F low 66°F Click on the link in my sig to see what its like @ Lat. (the horizontal) 28° but FWIW,,,,, I dont cut in Shorts even with my leggins on mate!!!!

Just sayin!!!! Keep it rolling CAD freaks!!!!!! Merry Christmas!!!! Thats right no Happy Holidays spoken here!!!

Last edited:
I was fiddling around in the garage last night when I realized that I could fit a 9 pin .325 rim sprocket on my Stihl 066 (with a 98cc BB kit). So, I took a GB titanium bar from one of my 028s and stuck it on the 066. Surprisingly, the 95 VP chain also fit even though it was made for an 8 tooth .325 sprocket. I tried the 066/95VP combo today and it was awesome! I was leery that the chain would snap, but after two tanks of fuel, all is well.

A lot of people dismiss the idea of .325x9 (or x10) on a larger saw without ever having tried it. Those that try it tends to like it though! :msp_wink:

According to Stihl, .325x9 takes a 68dl chain (rather than the standard 67dl) on a 16" bar.

A lot of people dismiss the idea of .325x9 (or x10) on a larger saw without ever having tried it. Those that try it tends to like it though! :msp_wink:

According to Stihl, .325x9 takes a 68dl chain (rather than the standard 67dl) on a 16" bar.

Aye Carumba!

thought troll was going to have a pic of him runnin' a saw:censored:

I bucked a tri axle load of logs and one of paper wood with my ported ms460, and then cut a load of firewood with it. One saw that does it all!

Hey Carl. Hope all has been well lately. I ran my xpw and got a nice load of wood. Got to run some ported 461s last week and a nice stihl 261.

Hey Carl. Hope all has been well lately. I ran my xpw and got a nice load of wood. Got to run some ported 461s last week and a nice stihl 261.

Its all good here. Just a little slow at work.
I have only handled a 461 at my local dealer so far but intend to own one soon enough.
I got my 090 out and cut a few blocks with it today. First time it has been started since I was at Terrys.

Was just checking to see what anyone else ran,,,,, I had to shorten up a few pieces of seasoned firewood for a fire this morning it was 31°F and 28°F yesterday coldest days yet!!! I Ran my 020T w/MM, 046 w/DPMM, Ported 390XP, ported 7900, and 120 super w/MM needless to say I think the neighbors are awake!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Usually whatever I've been repairing. Today it was a tiny Homelite XL... I'll probably be running an old school Stihl 026 tomorrow and maybe a MS440 too. I've worked on too many Huskys and need to spice it up a little.:D

Somethings gonna run today

Its between My MS460/046 and my trusty 044 will get back later with all of the details,,, depends on the tree size when i get there!!!! Woooo hooo my even run the ported 7900 Dolmar!!!

0 degrees this morning.

I may walk out to the shed and cast a freakish eye upon my whips:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back