What saws have you run today???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its between My MS460/046 and my trusty 044 will get back later with all of the details,,, depends on the tree size when i get there!!!! Woooo hooo my even run the ported 7900 Dolmar!!!

Well The 044 won out,,, It was about a 10" limb that broke off & fell during the last cool front that pushed through... part of it was hung on the neighbors fence, It took all of about 5 minutes,,, The Lady of the house asked me if I could just block it up for their outdoor fire pit,, and how much would it cost? No Charge!!! got me a 30.00 cash tip for my trouble... I just bought beer with it!!!:givebeer::givebeer::givebeer:

ran the 2172 today noodling a dozen or so 30-34" bur oak rounds about halfway thru so i could get em split. tried without cutting em first and my 8# maul just bounced off em.

We were cutting fallen trees and leaners off some of our trails today. Grabbed my Jred 2240, gassed and oiled it up, and on the third pull to start it, I ripped the cord right out of it. Fortunately, based upon past experience, I like to have one more saw than we have guys running them. There were 2 of us and we had 3 saws along for the ride. So I reached for what I call the "Big Medicine", the Husky 460 rancher. I know a lot of you run saws larger than that, but for our purposes, it's our big saw. More saw than I needed today for all but a couple trees we cut, but it ran .

My coworker broke in a brand new Jred CS2153 today.

028 after I put a new tank vent on and the 372xpw to knock down a dead limb out of a sycamore.

Headed out in a few minutes to drop some trees. Im taking them all and will run them all.

Why.......... because I can :hmm3grin2orange:

groupsaws007_zpse5ad979d.jpg

Well The 044 won out,,, It was about a 10" limb that broke off & fell during the last cool front that pushed through... part of it was hung on the neighbors fence, It took all of about 5 minutes,,, The Lady of the house asked me if I could just block it up for their outdoor fire pit,, and how much would it cost? No Charge!!! got me a 30.00 cash tip for my trouble... I just bought beer with it!!!:givebeer::givebeer::givebeer:

Beer is good!!!!!

026 and 046. Broke the (allready broken) handle on the 026. Fixed it with super glue, glass baloons, kevlar thread, more glue, lots of duct tape and 2 tie straps. o_O

Have to order a new one, untill then it should work if i don't yank on it too much. :D

Took the ms160 pro to the north side of the property to continue a trail around the perimeter. Mostly small pine less than 4" dia. and 6" of snow. Ran one tank and headed home. The saw was a gunky mess from wet chips, pine sap and congealed bar oil. Took longer to blow and dig it all out than to do the cutting. Maybe next time I'll keep the bar out of the snow...

026 and 046. Broke the (allready broken) handle on the 026. Fixed it with super glue, glass baloons, kevlar thread, more glue, lots of duct tape and 2 tie straps. o_O

Have to order a new one, untill then it should work if i don't yank on it too much. :D

Well quit getting it pinched and you wont have to yank on it!!! Must be a problem with your Sawyer technique!!!!!:bang::help: Just saying!!!!!:cheers:

Well the 044 again today cutting some long pieces to size to put in the fireplace woo hooo!!!!

Beer is good!!!!!

Yes sir Boss!!!

Last edited:
Back