What saws have you run today???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MS261
That thing is so cluttered under the hood, not sure what STIHL was thinking there.
Reminds me of Doc Brown and the Flux Capacitor.
Gimme a MM'd 026 or a 346XPNE any day.

I appologize to anyone whom I may have steered in the 261 direction (although that list might be extremely small so I think I'm safe.)

Well in one of those CAD dilemas now. I had a Jonsered 520 SP given to me. It was locked up when the guy gave it to me. He said he fryed it running old Ethanol in it. I was gonna strip it down and sell the parts on the Bay, but when I removed the recoil, the flywheel turned after wiggled back and forth. I pull the muffler and the cylinder looks good but the piston has some carbon scoring. The compression feals pretty good so I pull the plug. 130PSI on the guage. I put it back together and spray some mix in the carb and it fires on 5th pull. not only does it fire but it idles and ran fine.

This saw is filthy dirty and a saw I'm not too familiar with and I certainly don't need another 50cc project. Its seen better days for sure.The muffler has been welded if you wanna call it welding but the darn thing is running. I hate CAD!!!! I could use a dependable loaner saw. This thing has a bar thats so chewed up I better no handle it without gloves on. Wonder if that guy with the Caber rings can get a ring for this thing. I don't need a 50cc saw. I HATE CAD!!!

I got the 136 put together to find out it needs a carb kit. It looked good and not dirty or caked up with crud but the rubber was a little too stiff and it kept flooding out. :msp_angry:

If you need a place to send the 520 to get it off your bench I'll send you my address:msp_biggrin:

Just finished doing a little cutting, 281xp, 350/353, 026. Love them all. All bad azz in their own way! Nothing compares to the sound of the 281xp, don't know what it is but it really makes me smile!

Did some more work on the "HUSKYQUAKE" and just made a few cuts with it; just raining a little to hard to do any more :msp_wink:

JMO

Cutting cedar today. Ran a tank of gas through the Jred 2240. After that I moved up to the 2153. After a couple tanks through it I got it stuck in a cedar I was felling. Went to get the 2240 to get it out. I've several times started with a small saw and moved up to a bigger saw while cutting. I guess this must've been the first time I moved down in size. After running the 2153 for awhile, the 2240 felt like a toy saw. Not just the weight. It felt like it didn't have any power at all. It works fine and is enough saw for much of the cutting we do. Was just surprised at how it felt in my hands after stepping down in cc's.

Serviced this turd today.

46cc of gutless Italian junk.

032-1.jpg

I ran my early, closed port, white top 61 with a standard chisel chain against my newly acquired partner P7000 with a square filed chisel chain. Both are wearing a 20" bar. The 61 has a MM, no base gasket, and a very conservative porting job. Now I did not make any cool videos to post, but the lil' whitetop spanked the bigger P7000 even though it had the advantage of the square ground chain. I was very impressed what my mods to the Husky did to it and it's abilities.

Boxstore Betty and The Cap'n. Other wise identified as a Husqy 445 and a Dreamcicle 460. Incidentally, I ran my first batch of synthetic Stihl mix. The saws loved it! They screamed! Had to thicken the 460 up as she was sounding a little too lean at WOT.

Serviced this turd today.

46cc of gutless Italian junk.

032-1.jpg

How well do those saws run? There is one near me for sale, but they are asking a pretty penny for it.

Today I ran a Homelite XL-113, Mccullcoh timber bear, craftsman 2.2, MS360 it was all test runs to see how everything was doing.

Ran my 051 for the 3rd day this week, noodling some nasty pieces. The .404 chain really throws some sweet pasta! Finishing up my red oak splitting, so I can go grab some more wood this weekend.

020T,,, used it for firewood triming duty for extra long pieces of wood for my new grate that's too short for the fire box,,,, Grrrrr gives me an excuse to run a saw!!! and my bigger saws have been quite as its been so wet from all the rain our stump grinders have been setting for the last two weeks,,, Monday of this week we got 6"'s of rain in about 4 hrs,,,

How well do those saws run? There is one near me for sale, but they are asking a pretty penny for it.

Today I ran a Homelite XL-113, Mccullcoh timber bear, craftsman 2.2, MS360 it was all test runs to see how everything was doing.

It's easily out cut by a MS250 or 345 Husky, it barely out cuts a MS211.

Latest posts

Back