What saws have you run today???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wizzard 314, Echo 351, Husky 136, Stihl 290, 028 Super, & Solo 645. Cleaning up some lingering stuff that has been at the shop WAY to long. I got to make several gaskets yesterday.

Sold A Earthquake today so I fired it up for the guy and just did a little limbing with it :taped:

DSC_0018-2.jpg

I was ethnically diverse today, between my saws and my pards I ended up running a 7900, a 361, 394, and a 576. We're rainbow loggers!! (No gay jokes please):D

Same as most days my stihl 064, falling and bucking some nice cedar and hemlock. Been cold and clear but today misty rainy, some snow, still winter.

Didn't run any saws but me and a budy handled 3 cords of big pine rounds with a couple x 27 in a couples of hours

While carving a little bear:

Husqvarna 346xp carving-block out saw
stihl 250 dime tip carving bar for detail

Fixed In the Shop today and tested in some 20+ seasoned Hedge:

Husqvarna 460 rancher -carb issues/ vacuum issue
ms 290 - replaced engine with a rebuilt
ms 250 - replaced case/ oiler housing melted away
026 - new fuel line/ filter/ tune carb

All in all a pretty productive day for saws!

View attachment 276399View attachment 276400View attachment 276401

The last tree of the tract, just on my side of the clearing limits. This Fir had 2 @ 36' & 1 @ 32'.
Using the 660. Switched out the stock 32" Stihl bar for a Sugihara. This bar gives me a true 33" cut. This stump measured 35" across.

If you are able to switch out anything for a "Sugihara" ... at least the same Sugihara I found when I googled the word, I'm surprised you're out in the woods in the first place. Few men would be. ;)

What is a Sugihara in woodman speak?

162 se and Stihl 026 just testing them out. Ran those two last Saturday and my Husky 36 and John Deere 46ev. The JD has been mine for about 10 years. It can sit for months and will always start on the second pull no matter the weather. Pretty good for an Echo I would say.

Back