What saws have you run today???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walked into a pawn shop and saw a 460 on the shelf for $189.00. Asked what was wrong, they said it ran when it was brought in 3.5 months ago but they couldn't start it. They had no compression tester or Torx wrench, so I had no way to gauge the internals. Made the mistake of asking if I could try to start it, told me to go ahead, Popped on the first pull and ran on the 2nd, they asked me what I did. I told them I just started it, of course at that point they would not come down on price...

Last edited:
Walked into a pawn shop and saw a 460 on the shelf for $189.00. Asked what was wrong, they said it ran when it was brought in 3.5 months ago but they couldn't start it. They had no compression tester or Torx wrench, so I had no way to gauge the internals. Made the mistake of asking if I could try to start it, told me to go ahead, Popped on the first pull and ran on the 2nd, they asked me what I did. I told them i just started it, of course at that point they would not come down on price...

That's why you do the slow start method to avoid it running:laugh:

Pawn shop employees probably are not the most avid chainsaw people so them not being able to start it should come as no surprise.

Ran my new to me but very old 050 for about 7 hours straight in some monste cottonwood burnt 2 gallons of gas through it with know problems

Ran the Jasha special 261.99xp to trim a bit of neighbours jungle that was in the way of my hedge trimming with Husky 128ldx with hedge trimmer attached which I was also running.

Then finished off with my 160cc Honda powered pressure washer on the concrete steps out the front. 2500psi and painted concrete make lots of flying crud as the paint peels off. Thankfully as I don't like pink concrete steps.

Last Sunday I cut up a load of timber and split it, also unloaded and stacked that cubic meter and a bit of firewood.

Today, MS 460 Magnum, Mac 10-10, Echo CS-680, Echo CS-370 and Homie 540. The Stihl 075 would not crank due to a broken fuel line.

I ran this Poulan 375 Farm Pro today... It was fun

375farmproPoulan003.jpg

Ran my 365XT/372XT today to buck up the trunk of the tree I cut down last weekend. It ran pretty good but had my bar nose lock up on my new Techlite bar. I'll do a seperate thread on it.

Ran my ms261, ms440 and new to me ms460 cutting up a pretty good size cherry.

Used my Frankenstein CS 4601 / 4500 to cut Alder at 50 cm length before splitting. Minus 5 degree, windy, winter in Holland.

DSCF4098_zps18d34427.jpg

DSCF4099_zpsa5480770.jpg

She cost me € 15,-- as a parts saw, completed it with parts of a 4500 of witch i have already three. They are of my most liked saws, light and high rev's.
And that on an Echo:msp_smile:
She has the common CS 4500 ilness of a loose rear bar stud. But the case is intact, she does not leak with a mounted bar, so i should be able to fasten the stud with Epoxy Metal.

Greetings from Holland

Jos

I finally got to run my Shindaiwa 550 today. Hardly a run worth mentioning, only cut some skids up for kindling. I had built the saw last year, took it to cut some big oak on Easter Sunday, then found that the oiler wasn't oiling and that the plastic pump cover was destroyed. Found an oiler fast but the over took me almost a year. Finally got it 3 days ago. The saw runs very strong and oils well now!
DSCF0799_zpsf6035906.jpg

Got to make a couple cuts with a David Bradley D21...slow goin even with a freshly sharpened chain

Latest posts

Back