What size/brand bar should I run on a Stihl 034 AV Super?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see an ancient thread has been revived. The saw is best suited to 16" but I run 20" bar on everything, 026, 034, 044, 046. 440, 460, 066. and 066

Agreed- you would think that between 2013 and now the OP would have solved his own wee conundrum- or spent a few cold Winters waiting on todays advice.

I have a 20” on my 034S and it works just fine. Others have said that they run a 25” without issues.
The only thing in question would be if the adjustable oiler can supply adequate oil to the bar and chain.
It’s only a 62cc saw. Why would anyone want the risk of cooking a bar and chain or cylinder and piston
or both?

I use a 034 with a 16 inch bar for firewood.
It cuts so good that I use it for felling even though I have other Stihls with 20 inch bars.
The rpms stay high even when the bar is buried full length in wood. I was thinking of pulling a 20 inch bar off of one of my other Stihls and put on the 034 but when felling I do not want to have to hold back on the saw to keep the rpms up when in a felling cut. When in a felling cut I like to pay most attention to the tree rather than having to watch the saw.
So I leave it as is and let it eat wood.

Latest posts

Back