What would you choose

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The amount of money isn't really relevant it's just what was gave to you and you were told to spend it on one saw and you are not aloud to have any other saw period what is the one saw you want

Wow. Just . . . wow. That's all I got. :msp_unsure:

Seems rather ...high..for a stock chainsaw, large and good quality or not. Of course, I have no idea of exchange rates at the moment.

In USD they're $2,580 and $2,350 respectively. I'm not sure what exactly they're worth in the States but being on the bottom of the world isn't great as far as product pricing goes. It's a one-off cost though, I'd say 99.9% of commercial saws leave the shelf and go straight to work without any porting work etc

Oh my the point is if you could have one saw what the hell would it be

I'll play. NIB Sachs 166. West Coast model, full-wrap, cone air filter. And I'd use the hell out of it.

Prolly a 372XP in NIB condition with a full blue-print and mild port, custom stainless muffler, west coast spikes, 32~36" bar - and the clincher - carbide rapco chain and a green stone grinder to touch it up. That's about 100 hours of solid cutting (no rocks, no iron spikes) before you had to really get down and dress the chain.

I could limb with a 372/32" - I'd just get tired faster. But as far as falling mid-sized trees and bucking to Porta-Mill lengths - that'd be easy. Besides, with the bigger saw paid for, I could buy a used running plastic Poulan at a garage sale for the really light work, and do it for poicket $$ so the $3K would never see that bill :)

post-5056-1233041072.jpg

M249 SAW

You are going to need a bit more than $3000.

I personally would turn down the money as I have over $3000 worth of saws and I can use which ever one I want. But if I were to have just one it would be a McCulloch Double Eagle 80 or PM805, new in box of course.

Without doubt my AK77 372!!!!!

Taking all sentimentality out of it,

A Poulan 4000
or
Sachs Dolmar 120si
or
Dolmar 6400

Any of those would be a good one saw plan.

Mike

Back