What's the best deal you ever got on a saw??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now you can say that you got one for free, but that's technically cheating!! :laugh:

The best deal I got was on the purchase of my first saw. I bought an 066 back in 2002. The guy that was selling it needed to pay his truck payment and needed money fast. He sold it to me for $200 and it was in great shape.

I used the saw to do small jobs for people and I made over $2500 with it. In 2007 I ended up selling the saw for $675. What a deal. :clap:

:greenchainsaw: :popcorn:

$69 Shindaiwa 488. I wasn't expecting much and had to put in an early bid on e-bay. I was much suprised to win the bid and even more suprised when it arrived. Put in some fuel and it fired right up. I've paid for it many times over selling the wood it's cut.

I got a basket case 066 for 100 dollars. It needed a cylinder gasket. Piston/cylinder was great. The rest of the saw is in very good shape, runs awesome.
It's on the right.

attachment.php

I kid i knew tried to rip me off 75$ on a truck deal. i kept telling hime he still owed me 75$ and he said no way. I knew he had a 026 pro that was in really nice shape but didnt run right. finnally i got tired of his crap and told him either give me the 75 bones or im taking the saw. he said take it its blown up anyway. i got it home tore it down and all that was wrong with it was the pulser line was off. i hooked it back up and it runs great.

i bought a 044 a couple months back from another ex logger for $75. it looks old and dirty, it needed the clutch replaced and i was expecting the compression to be low and the carb to be worn out. lucky me it has reasonable good compression and the old thing runs very much like a new one would.

the irony is it now runs so well i hate to big-bore jug and piston it like i did the other one. it has the big wrist pin too!

i just hate to jug and piston one that really don't need it yet.

I got a 028WB and 390 for $35. The 390 had a bad piston and cylinder.

I have on the way a 440 Magnum and 036 that I purchased for $100. Both need parts to get running.

Found a cs330 in the trash, still in hardcase. Nice saw, ran great. Ended up giving it to one of my friends to avoid the borrow a saw issue.

Pro Mac 1000 was given to me, replaced the carb 75$, sold it for 575$

One of my 084's I got for 200$, replaced the ignition wire, repainted it, and cleaned it up, sold it a guy in Australia for 800$+

first saw i bought off cl,,, craftsman 2.3/16, with case and 2 of the original cans of oil still in the plastic wrapper,,, saw was like new, just needed fuel lines from sitting so long,, $25.00..................

064 $200 then spent all day cutting wood with it.
Or maybe the P65 for $50.00

Or the....the .......the.......long list here.

046. 044, 020, ms192t for 175 dollars. The 044 and 046 need rebuilt. Sold the 020 for parts. He told me the 192t was dropped out of a tree and it ruined the seals. All that was wrong was the impulse line was off. It is fixed and is ready to go on ebay.

Jonsered 630 super with a new chain that I got from my J-red dealer for $50. He took it in on trade and didnt want to mess with it. I cleaned it up and it runs strong. And it being free the Mac cat 38 that was given to me by a co-woker doesnt count even tho it had the case, two extra chains, two stroke oil, bar oil,and mix can with it!

MS290 farm boss

Bought it for 25 bucks at a garage sale. It would fire but wouldn't run. I replaced the dry rotted fuel line, and bought 2 new chains. With a 20" in b & c I have a total of 60 bucks in it, and it runs great just not the powerhouse in family.

I am sitting in my shop and I just spotted the case of the old 650. I bought it new and then it was stolen, along with some tools etc. About a year later I bought it at a garage sale(couldn't prove it was same saw but I knew) for $50. Ran it for several years and now use it as a parts donor. Even helped out a guy here on AS by shipping him some over free parts to get his running. Still some good parts of anyone needs em!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back