What's the best deal you ever got on a saw??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had a few good deals on some really nice saws and want to thank the people involved!! Most recently I traded 2 good ole johnnies for a brand new johnny of which I thought I would never have the pleasure of owning brand new. Thanks Boyd and Mike!! Keep the good deals going and the good deals will come back to you.

Better than free

A couple years back I met a guy at the tractor show when I was displaying some vintage saws.

Told me he had some old Homeys he was going to sell. Gave him my number
and about 6 months later he calls me up and says he drug them
out of the shop and wanted me to see them.

Got to his place and he shows me 3 complete 2100's, (2 supers), and about 5 more dismantld 2100's.

Several box's of NOS parts like pistons and cylinders and almost every new part to build another saw from scratch.

Plus a stack of bars and also an 1130 and an SXL 925.

Had no idea what he wanted so I finally asked what he had in mind. He said he was hoping to get $150 for everything.

so I paid the man. :)

2100s001.jpg

2100s002.jpg

2100s004.jpg

now if the red saws dont wind your clock how about this never fired Mac SP 125 C for $400 :D

sp125c003.jpg

sp125c002.jpg

sp125c005.jpg

Dolmar 133 and a Poulan Pro 325 for 200.00 at the same pawn shop. Pretty freak occurance around here. Also a free Homey C52 that needed carb kit and fuel lines from the recycling center. A free Husky 51. Not as good as some of you, but They get alot of work done.

Dolmar 133 and a Poulan Pro 325 for 200.00 at the same pawn shop. Pretty freak occurance around here. Also a free Homey C52 that needed carb kit and fuel lines from the recycling center. A free Husky 51. Not as good as some of you, but They get alot of work done.

Man if you can get deals like that you gotta post more often. Also without pictures it didn't happen. JR

A huskey 345 in trade for a hoof trim(about $30) plus the $4 for the new fuel line came with three chains.

Had a winner of a deal a few months ago.

$150 got me four blue Homeys -- 2 SXLAO's, a SXL, and an XL -- a Homey 330 w/chainbrake, a JD/Echo something-or-other-35cc-or-so, and some Wildthang or other. This was maybe ten minutes from work. I just stopped by on the way home.

$225 for a pristine Husky 268 w/28" husky branded powermatch. Stolen before I used it. 2-Homelite SXL $35. Nice Partner 5000+ $68. Very low hour Husky 254 $65. Also bought some that I'll never get close to getting out of em what I put in them.
Shep

It DID happen!

The 133 and 325 were my same day pawnshop finds. 200.00 for the pair, both runners. The 133 has been rode hard, but with a new airfilter from the fine folks at Cutting Edge, it runs like a monster, at least compared to anything else I have. The 325 has some scoring on the piston, but seems to run good. It's a type 1 from 1989.

The 51 was free from a friend and runs great, my nicest saw overall. The C52 was sitting on the scrap metal trailer at the dump, complete. I grabbed it and put in a carb kit and fuel line. The air filter cover nut was missing, so I found an older cover at a local shop and threw it on. This is by far the loudest saw I have and will cause your babies to be born naked if you run it too long. What a beast.

This is my first attempt to post pics, so no guaruntees.

Latest posts

Back