Whats the strangest thing you have ever cut/seen cut with a chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16:1mix

16:1mix

Addicted to ArboristSite
Went to someone's house and saw a Husky 55 setting beside a tire and rim.
Asked if he had cut the tire off with the Husky-his response was yes!!!

Guilty.
I've used my Wildthing for the same purpose. Of course doing so does ruinate the chain in an instant but it was faster than using a Sawzall. (reciprocating saw)

teacherman

teacherman

Aging out of the insanity...
AS Supporting Member
I saw a video of a guy cutting a pigs head off, quite disgusting.

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PGOsVnCdpo

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OVtWqYKUCFg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OVtWqYKUCFg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wow, that is very strange! I have no idea how they did that.

Last edited:
lumberjackau

lumberjackau

ArboristSite Guru
I didn't think it was strange to cut at the time, but looking back,,,,,

Round Bales, quartered a few up to make it easier to use the pitchfork.

Skidder Tires, cut sidewall out for feed bins for catle

Ice, cutting holes in the edge of ponds so cattle can drink during the winter(when I was living in Montana) Also had to cut a cow up with a saw that died in the race leading up to the head bail, waited till she was frozen, easier to handle(another Montana story)

Cut the back bone of cow we butchered, tho there was a few complaints of bone splinters in the T-bones lol.

Had a hornery old cow that tried hooking us in the yards when we where drafting, had a nice pointy set of horns too, fil told us to "cut those damn things off!!!!" all us ringers that day forgot our horn saws(small limbing handsaws) But a chainsaw was handy, off they went, after that she was a sweetheart and stayed hidden in the middle of the mob whenever we where nearby.

Cut plenty of lizards and snakes that where hidden in hollow sections of cypress pine when I was a faller as well. Chassed a possum with a saw up a hollow log once to, everytime I cut a section off he would move a bit further up, first I noticed of this is when the hair came out the cut, just a lite trim, no blood, and he was on his way.

Cheers
Will

rms61moparman

rms61moparman

Addicted to ArboristSite
No question about this one for me!!!

Strangest thing I ever cut with a chainsaw.................................My face!!!

Mike

P.S. I don't recommend it either, it's not NEARLY as much fun as you would think!

stihl sawing
Watched a guy cut some sheet metal and plywood with roofing shingles still on it. He just bought the poulan saw he done it with. Afterwards he hands me the saw and says"will you sharpen the chain for me". What could i say, i owed him more favors than either one of us could count. Took a while to sharpen, Handed it back a couple of days later and he says"good, i have more to cut up" I didn't even ask what, was scared to.lol

teacherman

teacherman

Aging out of the insanity...
AS Supporting Member
Watched a guy cut some sheet metal and plywood with roofing shingles still on it. He just bought the poulan saw he done it with. Afterwards he hands me the saw and says"will you sharpen the chain for me". What could i say, i owed him more favors than either one of us could count. Took a while to sharpen, Handed it back a couple of days later and he says"good, i have more to cut up" I didn't even ask what, was scared to.lol

I used the little 009 to cut a hole in my roof for a turbine vent. Any rough and nasty carpentry cutting I usually do with an old bar and chain. Quick and dirty gets it done.

BIGBORE577

BIGBORE577

Addicted to ArboristSite
Quartered a moose that was dropped in a muskeg because we were running out of day light. Wouldn't have been much left by the bears if we waited until morning. Split a pig that was purchased way too large to fit in the smoker whole.

stihl sawing
Quartered a moose that was dropped in a muskeg because we were running out of day light. Wouldn't have been much left by the bears if we waited until morning. Split a pig that was purchased way too large to fit in the smoker whole.
You really had to clean the saw up afterwards, Woulda got to stinkin pretty bad.lol

WalterTreeCare

WalterTreeCare

ArboristSite Lurker
My knee, and I've always thought it would be cool to attack a bonfire with a saw, or maybe get somebody else to do it for me so I can watch, and not wity my saw....

logging22

logging22

Cuttin to live, livin to cut
My knee, and I've always thought it would be cool to attack a bonfire with a saw, or maybe get somebody else to do it for me so I can watch, and not wity my saw....

Got a friend that would do it just to see what it looked like. A total firebug. Hasent had eye brows in 10 years. Gotta love him though, he is my buddy.:jawdrop:

Latest posts