Whats the strangest thing you have ever cut/seen cut with a chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched our wharehouse guys cut up old nonrepairable fiber glass ladders. Saw would smoke through telephone poles then. Changed the blade and I hit a pole step while topping an old pole. 2 chains dead.

horse

I watched my dad cut up a horse that died of old age in our barn. Couldn't get it out with equipment or anything else. I will have to say that I was a little horrified back then....however I now realize the awesomeness of what my dad accomplished with the old poulan pro! LOL. True story. Peace out.

Buck

Nope,all uncircumcised here............:eek:

attachment.php

That is messed up.

One time saw a long DITCH cut thru a peat-swamp with a Jonsereds 451AV. Muck and water everywhere and guy cutting wearing just tennis shoes and shorts. Hit sand a couple times. Yikes! Saw was pretty far gone already, but the ditch project wasted the crankcase seals. RIP.

One time saw a long DITCH cut thru a peat-swamp with a Jonsereds 451AV. Muck and water everywhere and guy cutting wearing just tennis shoes and shorts. Hit sand a couple times. Yikes! Saw was pretty far gone already, but the ditch project wasted the crankcase seals. RIP.

Thats pretty stupid...and sad. After this thread, I no longer feel bad occasionally using my saw for "weird" things like taking down my old shed, old porch and cutting up some 4 x 8 sheets of advantec for my new shed. At least all of my things were wood. :greenchainsaw:

Remembered this thread from so long ago. Worked on a few projects this weekend and had to add to it. Here is my old drift boat. Built by my great grandfather in 1931. Floated many trips down the river, probably everyone in my family at one time or another at least once. I have repaired it many times, put in slabs of pressure treated lumber here or there. Lots of fiberglass over the years. it finally just dry rotted too much and was too dangerous to put out on the water again. Cut it up into pieces and then it went on the bonfire. All the fiberglass did not burn, I have a couple 5 gallon buckets of it to clean up. A chainsaw will cut fiberglass though.

When I was a little boy, I remember my dad bucking firewood, and he cut a Bat in half, he pulled the bat out of the hollow log, so I could feel the wings.
I still have the saw that he used.

last week i was trimming palms, i get down on the ground and i see about 6'' of squirrel tail but no squirrel. :confused:

strange stuff!

The weirdest sound I ever heard was a coke bottle, and I mean old blue green glass and thick. The best I could figure is that someone put it in the fork of the tree and it grew around the bottle. About a foot above was a big triple fork, and the tree was solid! The best stories I have is at a new construction site, I went in and marked all the returns to the upstairs for the HVAC system. I went back the next day and the dam plumbers had ran the pipes right where the returns had to go, so after a lot of screaming and cussing I went home grabbed my old echo 452vl and went back and cut the new returns in for the dam plumber to see. Needles to say they did not F with me again. I took out the main upstairs joist with style, I did leave about a half an inch of it holding to give the house a sturdy feel!

Helped my dad tear down our old house. It was T shaped looking down on the roof. I cut the roof with the old 024 where the 3 sides intersect and pulled them off with the tractor. Funny thing was I didn't even hit a nail.

Cut up an old chicken coop that was lined with wire fence to keep the predators out.
Even cut up the roof, shingles and all...wrecked a bar and 6 chains..but the HO was buying.

Cut window and door openings in 5 1/2" thick structural insulated panels.
We call that taking a foam bath.. NASTY.. but effective.

Back