when's the latests

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tybedard

hold my beer n watch this
Reaction score
When's the latest you start CSS firewood for this winter ?

I bought my house last year burned up all my wood so I am forced to cut all my wood for this winter now

I got a permit for the national forest and I drive around looking where timber sales have been and get wood they have left or blown down trees cut them up bring them home split and stack in my wood shed

I'd be scroungin a pile of pallet wood to burn too, if you are just now starting to cut it's gonna be a long winter burning green n wet, unless you can find a pile of VERY dry tops...

I cut like this last year the stuff the loggers leave seems pretty dry it lights with some paper and small kindling with no water boiling out or hissing

Couple years ago for the house.

For the shop, maybe a week or two before it goes in the stove, but it's not fussy. Firebox is about 100 cu ft.

This reminds me of the question: when is the best time to plant a tree? The best answer is yesterday. Next best is today.

This reminds me of the question: when is the best time to plant a tree? The best answer is yesterday. Next best is today.

A better answer is "20 years ago" :). I planted a row of spruce between the highway and the front lawn right after I bought the house in 1976. When they got going good the guy across he highway started with "I think I'll do dthat too. My trees are now fully mature, his are still on the "I think I'll..."

I see so many new houses go up in the coutry and no good shade trees ever get planted. Been watching one since 1976 (trailer house). Has a few low shrubs and one very bushy ratty something behind the house.

Harry K

Scrounging pallets would be a good boost. Find an old speaker and use the magnet to pull the nails outta the ash pile before you chuck them on the driveway or yard. I stopped cutting for this winter 18 months ago.

Burned some pallets last year about 100 of them real pain and very short burn times

I dont have enough yard space to get a full year ahead. This winter I'll be burning maple that was only cut this spring, but split and stacked immediately, and some oak that was cut a year ago.

Back