Where are all the old regulars ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I concur with trimmed almost to the word. Not much more I can say.

As far as bwalkers signature. I guess I really don't get it. It sounds like an advertisement for another saw builder? True? Not True? Let me know, so I can follow up on it.

If there is no meaningfull topics, then start a topic of your taste. How hard can it be.
I have tons of topics, if you want one??

Now, start posting what you think is interesting, I am sure there is more than you who would think it was just that.

bwalker said:
BTW Frank, are you helping or becoming part of the problem?

I honestly don't know. People have different ways of resolving what they see as a problem. I have started another thread where hopefully it can be discussed. If I felt I was not being part of a solution, I would have to rethink my position. I know I am in disagreement with some people, but I have no desire to be of like mind with them either.

this world not exactlky loaded with people that give a hoot about saws..
we need and benefit from each other.. long as we use tact,tolerate differences and a little common sence ,dont hurt..

Just in case....

.......not everyone has noticed; Dennis Greffard has been back with a few posts :) , and has already been submitted to at least one personal attack! :angry:

Darin, re "poofter ported efco"

If I have this wrong, PLEASE correct me.

If memory serves me, Ben had some problems with his Efco saw after Dozer Dan did a porting job on it. There was quite a bit of heated back & forth in several threads that drew in several AS members.

BTW--Poofter is the English slang equivalent of our American slang "queer, fag, homo," etc.

Knot Whole said:
If I have this wrong, PLEASE correct me.

If memory serves me, Ben had some problems with his Efco saw after Dozer Dan did a porting job on it. There was quite a bit of heated back & forth in several threads that drew in several AS members.

BTW--Poofter is the English slang equivalent of our American slang "queer, fag, homo," etc.

All I believe is right with the exception that the Efco 999 belongs to Gypo!!!

Hey Darin, could you please go through all the new forums and set the HTML code to "enabled" so I can use  , °, etc. with reckless abandon?

Thanks.

In theory that's possibly true.&nbsp; However, nobody abuses it in the bulk of the site where it's enabled now (this very forum, for example), why do you think the few forums where it's inconveniently (and inconsistently) <i>not</i> enabled would come to suffer for it?

Glen

"Where are all the Old Regulars?"....... BANNED for the most part! :eek:

Wasn't there a WWII mini series about it called "Banned of Brothers"?

MasterBlaster said:
Members come and members go. It is not the end of the world, merely the evolution of a website. The next RJS could join up today.

I think Butch is in the wrong line work he should be reading crystal balls.
Thanks a minion :)

Comin' from a new "rookie" to the forum, I would like to say that this forum is possibly the best one I have been a part of. I completely agree with what woodshop said earlier in this thread. I have asked a couple of so called "newbie" questions, but have had them answered with respect and with some great info! Maybe it was how I asked the question, I don't know. I do have a decent knowlege of saws and am very mechanically inclined. A forum exists not only for the members to talk, agree, snivel, argue, etc., but for the general public to basically ask "newbie" questions. I have been on enuf forums that I know how to use a thread search. Some don't. I find this forum quite entertaining, and highly informational. Comin' from a guy that is not a pro, but still cuts a lot of wood, and needs to have some questions answered. Thank you to you all, whether you're a "regular" or a "newbie"! Just my 2 cents.

Gary

Back