Where is all the 15w-40 motor oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long time Mobil Delvac user here (not that there's any measurable difference in quality anymore).

Speedway Motors has hard to beat pricing if you order enough to qualify for free shipping. Then take advantage of the Mobil rebates that take place a few times a year. Let me know if you want more info on the rebates.

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Mobi...XiuqO1xEQfwM17lnBKtm61ypp_F62O0hoCaYMQAvD_BwE
I found two now that I’m looking….but something is up because the price is nuts….drums are usually 20+% cheaper than gallon jugs….it’s such an everyday item I never had to shop for it on-line….

I usually buy name brands too and it doesn’t matter which one either…

I'm just starting to dig into this….

Attachments

• CA213142-141E-49B3-A94B-90526796D4B4.jpeg
    CA213142-141E-49B3-A94B-90526796D4B4.jpeg
    325.7 KB · Views: 0
How much are you looking to buy?

I just noticed I posted the Synthetic. Here is the 1300,

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Mobi...uWaf-MZFJVNHPiaUfCuJC3JfHIKGS6xBoCtOIQAvD_BwE
Without knowing what you are looking for (conventional or synthetic) oil in general has certainly gone up. Pre pandemic the 1300 regular price was around $12-13 per gallon. If you catch Mobil's rebates which happen a few times a year they are good for up to $8 per gallon off (for synthetic).
It's a pretty good bargain.

How much are you looking to buy?

I just noticed I posted the Synthetic. Here is the 1300,

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Mobi...uWaf-MZFJVNHPiaUfCuJC3JfHIKGS6xBoCtOIQAvD_BwE
Without knowing what your looking for (conventional or synthetic) oil in general has certainly gone up. Pre pandemic the 1300 regular price was around $12-13 per gallon. If you catch Mobil's rebates which happen a few times a year they are good for up to $8 per gallon off (for synthetic).
It's a pretty good bargain.
At least 2 drums….I’m on the last pre-pandemic drum…lol

I listened to that on C-SPAN a few weeks ago. Alarming is an understatement. The DEF shortage will probably be the first to bite us as a nation.
Drums kinda makes it a local sale. At least from an economic perspective. Good luck.

Long time Mobil Delvac user here (not that there's any measurable difference in quality anymore).

Speedway Motors has hard to beat pricing if you order enough to qualify for free shipping. Then take advantage of the Mobil rebates that take place a few times a year. Let me know if you want more info on the rebates.

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Mobi...XiuqO1xEQfwM17lnBKtm61ypp_F62O0hoCaYMQAvD_BwE
No offense but I believe he was looking to buy it in a bit bigger quantity that 1 gallon jugs. In general 55 gallon drums although I have bought a lot a 5 gallon buckets

Yes we have established that. He didn't post an initial requested quantity and I am not psychic, so it got by me 😁
No problem, it seems the oil is the problem, not the container anyway….retail jugs are the last to take the hit because of the markup.

from the article I posted it looks like the problem will only get worse until Q1 2023….prepare accordingly….

Mobil's rebates just ended but there will be more in the coming months. Something to consider if you get hard up in the future. 5 gallon pails may not be your preference but the pricing is very competitive if not better than 55 gallon drums if you take advantage of the rebate.

A 5 gallon pail of Delvac 1300 at my local Tractor Supply shows in stock at $63. The rebate is good for $20 back per 5 gallon pail which puts you at less than $9/gallon. There is a limit which escapes me, but there are work arounds for this. Just gotta be a little creative 🙂

Anyone else having trouble finding it? I can find Rotella nowhere…was told at the one tractor shop that they stopped making it because there are no more supplies of the oil additive package in the Brandon economy…
With your mentality, its likely a google search away....but wheres the fun in bashing the President in doing something that a teenager could do, for you.

Anyone else having trouble finding it? I can find Rotella nowhere…was told at the one tractor shop that they stopped making it because there are no more supplies of the oil additive package in the Brandon economy…
Zero problems finding it in northern Arkansas ware you from?

Latest posts

Back