Where is all the 15w-40 motor oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 5 gallon pail of Delvac 1300 at my local Tractor Supply shows in stock at $63. The rebate is good for $20 back per 5 gallon pail which puts you at less than $9/gallon. There is a limit which escapes me, but there are work arounds for this. Just gotta be a little creative 🙂
Ordered 2 ea 2.5 gallon jugs of 15W-40 Delvac semi-synthetic from our local Tractor Supply a week or so back.
It was shown as in stock.
They canceled my order. No explanation.

Still shown as in stock.
Hmmm...maybe it was a glitch.

So I ordered it again.
They canceled my order.

Called store- they said they don't have it.
Still showed as in stock days later.

Luckily I have 1 gallon of 5w-40, enough for one oil change in my Kubota.

Do not have the 14qts needed for my diesel pickup....thankfully it being a 96 I don't drive it much. Especially with that special FU diesel price now.

Tractor Supply is one screwed up place- tons of complaints on their web site about stuff like eye bolts not showing what length they are. I mean who needs to know what length eye bolts are....??
Some of the complaints about that in comments are years old...do they fix it? Hell No.

I like Rural King better but nearest one to me is 150 miles.

Ordered 2 ea 2.5 gallon jugs of 15W-40 Delvac semi-synthetic from our local Tractor Supply a week or so back.

Still shown as in stock.

So I ordered it again.
They canceled my order.

Do not have the 14qts needed for my diesel pickup....thankfully it being a 96 I don't drive it much. Especially with that special FU diesel price now.

Tractor Supply is one screwed up place- tons of complaints on their web site about stuff like eye bolts not showing what length they are. I mean who needs to know what length eye bolts are....??
Some of the complaints about that in comments are years old...do they fix it? Hell No.

My local store has had oil in stock pretty regularly throughout this whole ordeal. I don't bother ordering much online if there is something local like them.

Still shown as in stock.

So I ordered it again.
They canceled my order.

I drive a 2005 Cummins and diesel go high enough I bought a dirt bike to go back and forth to the log woods.

I have been able to find some T5 15w-40, but no T6 5w-40. I waited months to get some. Finally one day I went into Napa and they had some Valvoline Premium Blue 5w-40. Bought 10 gallons, enough to do my trucks and equipment for the year. It was relief I found some and now next year this time, I hope T6 is back in stock.

I never thought in 2 years it would get this bad...

There are vids circulating now of truckers on the east coast running out of gas at truck stops with no diesel….

it’s getting worse….
"
For starters, there will be no coal deliveries to the power plants that generate electricity. So the power grid ceases to function.

That also means all the people with electric vehicles won’t be able to charge their cars.

No diesel = No electric vehicle charging.

With no electricity, ATMs won’t work and banks won’t function either. Nor will Point-Of-Sale retail systems at checkout counters. Credit cards won’t work either.

Without trucks or trains, there will be no food deliveries to grocery stores. No inventory at Wal-Mart. No lumber at Home Depot.

If this diesel engine oil situation is not somehow resolved, Amazon.com will cease to function because all the package carriers — UPS, Fedex, USPS, etc. — will not be able to move loads via roads or rail.

Even worse, without diesel engine oil, all agriculture will grind to a halt and the crops will rot in the fields.

There will be no construction machinery able to operate, since they’re all diesel engines.

And if your food facility is on fire and you dial 911, they won’t be able to send fire trucks because tire trucks run on diesel engines (as do most ambulances).

Many ships and boats also use diesel engines as well.

So a collapse of diesel engine oil, if it runs its course, leads to a total collapse of the economy".

Latest posts

Back