Where is the PS5100s?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyM

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well, I waited for the show, and Central Power Systems still doesn't have any PS5100s's in their inventory. Anyone get one yet? If so, from where? I've got one on B.O. and waiting, impatiently I might add.

Dolmar had one in operation at the Paul Bunyon show, I was very impressed with that saw. Let me know when you have pricing and product.

Butch

Tony I have been on the phone for 2 days trying to gets some 5100's, from what I have been told they are here and are being sent to the dist. So they should be only a couple days till we see them

Brent I plan on having 2- 5100's at the GTG, one stock, one woodsported

Only one because the distributor has more on order than their customers have on back order, meaning they should end up with inventory when their shipment arrives. If I see their customer backorders getting close to the expected shipment, I'll order another one or two, but otherwise, they are available next day, so why should I need more than one for now. Pricing is already available. If you want a price, shoot me and email or PM.

Have you not been listening to Jokers ? use the handyman secret weapon, duct tape. :blob2:

Yah, I tried but everytime I get close to her with the Red Greene stuff she tries to kick me in the head. Actually, the sooner she delivers the better as she will have more time to recoup so I can go hang out with "all those weird online chainsaw freaks" (as she so nicely puts it).

Sounds good Brent hope everything goes well and if you cannot make it we will be thinking of you :)

I have over a dozen of the PS5100S on order, and a waiting list of local customers begging for them everyday!

As soon as they come in i'll place another order.

Last edited:
I have run a few tanks with the 5000 and I get a smile everytime.
If the 5100 is as good or better you will be happy with it!

The only difference between the PS-5000 (European Version) & the PS-5100S is the Ignition Coil (13,500 RPM vs 14,500 RPM US Version), limiter caps on the carburetor, and a different color hood (Orange vs Black)

Last edited:
ok, stop it, you're making me want to spend more money on something I dont need just for novelty. ;)

Tony you should be getting a call like today, they just called me and 4 -5100's have been shipped so they should be here early next week then 24 more a week later.

166 said:
The only difference between the PS-5000 (European Version) & the PS-5100S is the Ignition Coil (13,500 RPM vs 14,500 RPM US Version), limiter caps on the carburetor, and a different color hood (Orange vs Black)
The European version is available with (PS-5000S) or without the 14500rpm coil according to the info I have......

I have also read that the 5100 has slightly more displacement to compensate for some EPA-related feature, but I could of course be wrong.
There are a lot of misprint on Dolmers web-site, so I don't trust all the info there. The 5000S isn't listed there either, but here it is:

http://www.kwf-online.de/deutsch/pruef/pruefergebnisse/aagw/motorsaegen/4037_05e.pdf

The weights listed in the test report is obviously wrong.

Last edited:
Sawtroll from what I have been told our 5100 is 50.3 cc and yours is 49 cc but like you said that maybe incorrect

Mange posted that according to his owners manual to his ps-5000, max no load rpm was 13,500. For the U.S. version to be governed at 14,500, I would think it must have a different cylinder/porting arrangement. My latest visit to the dolmar website shows the european version at 3.8 hp and the U.S. version at 4.0 hp. Hopefully due to the extra rpm's/cc's, the U.S. model will for once be the stronger one!

brent denny said:
Mange posted that according to his owners manual to his ps-5000, max no load rpm was 13,500. For the U.S. version to be governed at 14,500, I would think it must have a different cylinder/porting arrangement. My latest visit to the dolmar website shows the european version at 3.8 hp and the U.S. version at 4.0 hp. Hopefully due to the extra rpm's/cc's, the U.S. model will for once be the stronger one!
I know what Mange posted, It was the info available to him at the time
- but take a look at the link I posted above. ;)
There are different versions with max rpm of 13500 vs. 14500 (PS-5000 S).

Anyway, I think the US version will be the strongest one this time.

The US website states 2.9kw, 4.0bhp - which doesn't add up, though.
2.9kw is between 3.9 and 4.0hp, and between 3.8 and 3.9bhp as far as I know.
It could not be 4.0bhp even if the kw number is rounded down, and the bhp number up.
This is one of the misprints/mistakes I mentioned in my last post. :angel:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back