Where we all sleeping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dozer dan ,i saw it and wanted it .
but with the drought down here in nc
aint buying nothin now. did want it tho.

i was going to bid on a similar saw but it showed signs of sexual abuse. beer stains on the top of the plastic lead me to believe it was a Lambert saw so i declined. marty

you are right, there is no side adjuster on it, that guy auctions a lot of saws and he has great feedback. I would probably buy a saw from him.

I bought two saws from him. Both were older homelites and neither one was misrepresented. I got what I paid for.

I bought a saw from that guy and it was exactly as he said maybe better. Had never bought off ebay and they made it easy. Answered all my questions and shipped the saw right away at a fair price. Would do it again.

that's right fast asleep $400 090 rebuilt

Good Used Stihl 090 Chainsaw With 72" Bar
Item # 2044487818

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2044487818

The saw needed a few parts so the first thing I did was take the saw to a shop and the mechanic started the saw and verified that it ran well. So I replaced the saw bar adjusting screw, the muffler cover, the toothed shaped blade that keeps the log away from the saw, and a few of the bolts that hold the handle on. The pull starting mechanism has been rebuilt also. The local dealer did not have the compression release valve in stock(you can get one but they will have to back order the part) so I did not replace that part. The current valve is frozen closed so you have to start the saw with no compression release. It has very good compression so that is no small feat. It hurt my hand trying to start it but the mechanic had no problem and the saw starts right away. I was told the cylinder had been replaced not too long ago. It has an almost new chain and the 6 foot bar is in decent shape

Don,
That is quite a beast you have there. I bet it has some weight to it.
When I bought my 372, the compression release was also frozen. I was able to put some needle nose plires on it and get it to start to turn, worked some penetrating oil in and gradually began to work in around and tapped on it and now it works fine. I don’t know the configuration on your saw, but if the cylinder is newer, it my not take a lot to get it working.

Actually I missed the 090 but

I have a darn near new (except crank case) tuned 066 that seems to cut well. I bought off of ebay from lead_harvester for $550. Don't know his handle here. He gave me a warranty and sent me at least $100 of stuff at no cost AFTER I paid him for the saw. Gave me a couple bars, dozen chains, boxes of files, manuals, oil etc. (The best service I ever received on eBay and he still gives me email support/advice after 6 months.)
____________________________________________________I wish I could be first on a deal like this 090. I make it a point to email the seller prior to bidder to clarify any points on the product for sale so that slows me down. These real estate auctioners have no clue this "old looking 090" model is a very viable saw.

Oh man, I missed that by a hair. I search eBay right before I go to bed, late at night.

I never email the seller before I hit a buy it now, unles there's a serious issue I have a question about. Lost out on a great digital camera for a steal just while deciding to hit the "Bid" button.

I`m glad all you guys were sleeping when Saw_King had that Silvey 510 round grinder up last week. It`s on it`s way to me as we speak, for $279 including shipping! Looks d*mn near new, and works as new. Russ

Husky 2100

Not one not 2 but 3 for sale!
2100 chainsaw xp cain saw
Item # 2045392670
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2045392670
---------------------------------------
2100 chainsaw xp cain saw
Item # 2045392741
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2045392741
---------------------------------------
OOPs the 3rd won went Buy it now for $300.

Does this stuff ever end?

Seriously, how do these guys get such deals with all these saws. Are some of these guys a dealer or logger up north?

STIHL 030AV RUNS GREAT (ANTIQUE?)

Hmm, I feel old after reading this.
This is a strong running pre 70's saw. I guess you could call it antique. It does not have hand guard or chainbrake.
Item # 2043944586

It makes me nervous when there is no picture.
Especially when the guy says there are parts missing.

Back