Where's WYK been, and what trouble is he making?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bloody hell, defunding the WHO now? This tantrum has got to stop.

It's up to Americans to stop it. Folks there seem rather comfortable soaking in their racism and hatred for their fellow Americans. I mean, 'Make America Great Again'? That's a great racist and backwards campaign slogan without even having to actually say 'Make America racist and backwards again'. No wonder so many nearly dead white folks bought it. Well, loads of them are prolly dead by now :(
At least the dems aren't stupid enough to put Hillary back up there. I mean, people in Europe hate her, let alone the US. WTF were they thinking? You want to keep people away from the voting booths? That's how you do it.

And another rant - Speaking of MAGA: I see a lot of folks on the right complaining about how the fed is getting too big and influential to handle this epidemic and how it is going to ruin the country and how their parents or grand parents would be appalled by it. What these folks are forgetting(and likely purposefully if they actually were educated) is big government is what made American great in the first place. Up until after WWII, America was mostly a place for poor people. The whole land of the free slogan and immigrant thing was mainly because Europe was in shambles after WWI and being profoundly poor in the US was a sight better than starving to death in Spanish Flu infested literal wasteland Europe at the time. The middle class only really existed in the biggest cities. You first had the New Deal by Roosevelt, which began to build the country ahead of WWII with the PWA - Public Works Department - creating new hospitals, schools, dams, bridges(ever wonder why so many of our bridges are 80+ years old and starting to fail - this is why), airports, etc etc all made possible by the WPA - Works Progress Administration, which helped to bring the labor to those sites, all helped by the Federal Works Agency. Then came loads of huge government intervention and support during WWII with so many government programs I can't list it all here. Employment was so high, children and women were needed. Then, when WWII was over, Truman pushed the Fair Deal through to help us recover from all that WWII stuff that was going on.
Before WWII, nearly everyone was poor and the middle class was still putting it's boots on. So, after WWII, with a suddenly bloated middle class, you had millions of Americans propped up by their fellow countrymen via taxes and seriously bloated federal government programs, with millions of servicemen with GI bonds and bills buying houses and cars running about on all this new infrastructure the federal government built, propping up the economy further. And what did that get us? Nearly three generations of staunch conservative republicans who believe in low taxes and small government. Amazing how these things work out, huh? Make America Great Again! Only, uh, we'll just forget about the absolutely insanely and unprecedented huge and bloated role the federal government played in all of it.
Peace out!

Heather Cox Richardson, a historian at Boston College has a new book out, How the South Won the Civil War I think you'd enjoy.

She also conducts two classes per week on FB.

She talks a bit about Tweedism. Which is something most Americans have absolutely no clue about. I know I ranted on it earlier - Basically, it means the US is not a democracy, or even a republic, but closer to a Plutocracy. This is how we end up with a Hillary VS Trump presidential election. Something which, in a rational world, should never even be possible outside of Hollywood.
But the plutarcs are smart enough to let your average American's greed, racism, selfishness, and ignorance make their decisions for them. Just look at how people jumped at Trump, and away from Obama. Obama, who was actually able to reign in some of the corruption in health care, hospitals, and health insurance companies(ask me about it, I used to work in Oncology), and who defended the borders more resolutely than Bush had done. They leapt from him because...well, ignorance and racism. And now they're paying the price for it. Fastest karma I think I have ever seen outside of this:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WarlikeHappyBlacklemur-mobile.mp4

So the drone people are still getting around. Here's Dublin recently. A city of nearly 2 million.
At about :43 ish if you look at the peaky mountains in the distance on the right side of the frame you can see me waving. That's about 24KM, or nearly 15 miles in the distance to the edge of County Wicklow. When people find out I live just south of Dublin and ask me if I can deliver something to Northern Ireland, namely Belfast, I have to explain that although it is only 90 miles away on a map, I still have to drive around 2 million people first, and I end up in another country when I arrive 2 1/2 hours later.

So the drone people are still getting around. Here's Dublin recently. A city of nearly 2 million.
At about :43 ish if you look at the peaky mountains in the distance on the right side of the frame you can see me waving. That's about 24KM, or nearly 15 miles in the distance to the edge of County Wicklow. When people find out I live just south of Dublin and ask me if I can deliver something to Northern Ireland, namely Belfast, I have to explain that although it is only 90 miles away on a map, I still have to drive around 2 million people first, and I end up in another country when I arrive 2 1/2 hours later.

there is a ring road around Dublin isn't there? not like a lot of help, but certainly better then trying to drive through Dublin... what a ****ing nightmare that is.

I remember the place teaming with traffic largely pedestrian, too many one way streets, that T with a one way street going the wrong way... that then T's with another one way street also going the wrong way... ah Ireland... Welcome to Dublin, where you can see where you want to go, but can't actually drive there, or park, or turn around and try again...

We made the mistake of trying to get from Slane to roughly Shannon in less then a day, its only like 250 miles... it'll be easy... never mind that there will be sheep, lorries, road schemes, and maniac drivers... not to mention the tour busses, nor the lack of a straight road in the entire ****ing country

Slane is actually one of my favorite villages. I know some people who live near it. The area is pretty cool, too.
Yes, I have to drive the ring road around Dublin. If I had to go through Dublin, it would be closer to 4 hours, assuming it didn't look like you see it there in the video.

96623058.MCqW2UpI.grncat.jpg

89586956.fNWrSyX4.iS3205.jpg

Slane is actually one of my favorite villages. I know some people who live near it. The area is pretty cool, too.
Yes, I have to drive the ring road around Dublin. If I had to go through Dublin, it would be closer to 4 hours, assuming it didn't look like you see it there in the video.

96623058.MCqW2UpI.grncat.jpg

89586956.fNWrSyX4.iS3205.jpg
New Grange/the knock are right up there, not to mention Slane castle if your into mega concerts... and its what 30km from the N Ireland border if that? Where at the time there were no guards, gates or even a check point, the speed limit signs changed from KPH to MPH. We went at night after a few pints lol, never did get my passport stamped by England

New Grange/the knock are right up there, not to mention Slane castle if your into mega concerts... and its what 30km from the N Ireland border if that? Where at the time there were no guards, gates or even a check point, the speed limit signs changed from KPH to MPH. We went at night after a few pints lol, never did get my passport stamped by England

You better not have gotten a stamp - the border was supposed to be seamless after the Good Friday Agreement. ;)

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...residents-rate-coronavirus-response-favorably
Woo hoo! KY is finally rated first for something good in public health! By .3 points out of 5 too, that is not insignificant.

*I know I’m going ape about KY. But it’s been one hot minute since I could be happy with much where I live. We do wear shoes, too, by the way.

I installed a radiotherapy system in Ashland, KY. In fact, that's how I have photos of Ohio and WV. I recall I was doing installations for the tristate regional group. I took a trip around afterwards - sight seeing. I actually like industrial areas(and music), so found the whole area fascinating. Also - now we know why they needed so many cancer treatment facilities :( Now, I also landed in Lexington, Kentucky. And, I gotta say, if I were to move back stateside, Lexington is a gorgeous place...

You better not have gotten a stamp - the border was supposed to be seamless after the Good Friday Agreement. ;)

ya, I just figured there would at the very least be a sign like hey welcome to the part of England that embarrasses the Queen, dont be a **** we eat beans with breakfast, etc etc

I can't believe how the trumpsters are still all in on "it's a hoax" "open up the economy". What will it take to scare them to their senses?
They’ve been indoctrinated to the ideology. Social media and beating up on anything other than right-wing fringe sources and Fox News (“Faux”? John Oliver went over OAN and they’re even worse) have enabled the spread of disinformation and lies from the top down have been accepted as the norm.

This is not going to change, and that group may not ever be pulled back to reasonable reality.

I used to be one of those guys :(
there are a lot more used to be's now, even folks that flat refused to listen to anything criticizing the man, have turned against him.

still though there are an awful lot of zealots.

The alt right/GOP/Trump campaign have used half truths and nearly plausible arguments to bolster their side of the story for so long that it sounds like it could be the truth. couple that with calling every other source of information fake or illegitimate, makes an argument with them pointless. Its dangerous behavior, both for the believers, and for those peddling the lies

Eventually enough folks are going to figure out that they've been lied too, and the repercussions could be shocking.

I like to think that we are above civil war, and justice will prevail, but I'm not a moron... These folks are dumb and easily led, and largely believe they are well armed against "libtards" so? it could get ugly before it gets better

I've thought this for a very long time BTW

Well, I got to say I was never a fan of the current pres. I just meant to say that when I was younger and making money, I was a bit of a ****.
Ditto

its good to be skeptical though, my motto as a machinist was "QUESTION EVERYTHING" (cause not everything you hear or see is real) maybe not call everything a hoax out the gate, but if the story raises questions... then them questions need answers... if them answers raise more questions well...

theres a bunch of stories going around that simply don't have answers, stories that originate on some hucksters podcast or the national inquirer, and if ya dig even a little bit... the water turns out to be quite shallow

Latest posts

Back