Where's WYK been, and what trouble is he making?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear your pup is healing Wes!

Not only that, but she's fully healed now. I was amazed at how rapidly the wound closed. Hounds are tough.

IN other news, I got a Jonsered 2165 in my hands right now. IN order to afford it, it had to be an older one with no B&C. This is pre EPA. So I gotta head to a Husqvarna dealer..uh... I think there's one in Carlow, the county my hound is named after. I have the ported 77cc jug for it, I just need to get the EPA intake boot this is designed to hook up to. I also have a pop up piston I got from Prokarbine21 on da cheap. So stay tuned.

So, back doing some wood work here and there. Just recently fell a bifurcated beech and decided to make a vid of the 2165 I ported and put back together. Then... metal. :(

They got all sorts of interesting words in this part of the world.

BTW, something I gotta mention, that bar you see in the vid is a new Oregon Powermatch 22" 78DL bar. It has cut down and bucked dozens and dozens of trees, and it still looks nearly new! That is a huge change from their old bars that would show wear the moment they touched wood. It says it's made in Canada, so it must be the same stuff yer getting stateside. I am impressed with it so far. Now I think my next bar is gonna be a 28" one. This things pulls a 22" through beech like it's nothing.

HD of an earlier vid - 2nd or 3rd tank:

Last edited by a moderator:
Storm after storm after storm. Headed out for clean up today:

Monday.jpg

Also, played around with the ported 2165 and an 18" bar in maple. Rakers are very low, and chips are big. The way the trunk is sitting, there's a bit of pinch on the first couple of cuts:

bah Lahinch is nice sandy beach protected by "THE CLIFFS OF INSANITY" on either side, if you get blown off the beach there are several fine pubs to land in, not to mention a rather nice surf shop tucked away in an alley...

(yeah whatever cliffs of moher or whatever)

Back