which husky?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hell if youa re going to settle for a 385 go all out and get a 3120 and you are gauranteed to never run out of power on a 20" bar. if you do you got probmels.

saw chain & hot stock saws

Well fellas i found this to be interesting reading and now here is a perspective from n.w. jonsey land. I spent last winter and spring cutting chinese elm, russian olive, locast, silver popular and various other domestic hardwoods. These trees were green and several years seasoned. You may not have had much fun until you tear into a 36" or better cured c. elm trunk. It is one tough customer!!! Jonsered 2065 is a 4 c.i., 13500 rpms and a 28" bar. I run an oregon 72 f.s. loop that is wet ground before it is even put on the saw! The rakers are taken down .35, and boy what a ride!!! This saw doesn't even think about boggin. It just flat hauls! I run it hard wide open all day. Jonsered makes a 2071 but it is at least 200 more in price and only .3 hp more. The 2065 out cuts the 066 mag stihl I used to own. I went red because It appears stihl is lagging in technology, I have run stihl since the late seventys. I am currently operating a wood yard and am cutting a self loader log truck every 3 to 4 days, about 12 to 13 cord a truck. Also the Jonsey 2065 was only 525.00 out the door at my local dealer. Also I don't file any chain I keep 10 loops, 5 in the shop , 5 out. My dealer has a fantastic wet grinder that is out of this world for razor sharpness and durability, it was developed by a hot saw racer and can not be beat. Now you say what about cost, not much this way of operating only adds 2.25 per cord of wood, and I cut with a razor all day, easier on bars, chains, tips, sprockets and main bearings not to mention me.This saw will race through the wood without any pressure and if my feet are not firmly planted it will pull you in. No weekend warrior here!!!

Last edited:
well

i miss beating old horses;) so i just wanted to get this topic through.. i have my 372xp coming and thank you all for your inputs - im not (yet) too brand loyal so this saw will have to perform... i have a smaller husky that im very pleased with (except its made "assembled" by poulan (yuk) ? but it does well. guarantee one thing - if it aint all i want for $585 i'll send the f'r back - as simple as that. but not to worry - it will be im sure!

new saw

go with 357xp it rips,almost hangs with my 371xp,using a 20 inch bar.24 on 371.i really enjoy using this saw.light weight and 4.4hp.not bad for 56.5cc's o yeah that picture is 357xp how it arrived home,got in a fight with a skid steer and lost,but it looks like new again.

:yoyo: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

:angel:
Sorry, couldn't resist the above - your advice is a few years late!

Nice to notise that you are going trough the old treads, though.

Back