Which Saw to Keep? 372XPW or 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I‘m thinning the herd. In the corral I have 3 saws remaining:
  • 390XPW
  • 372XPW (X-torq) (2020)
  • 562XP (2018)
When the dust settle, I believe I will end up with a 2-saw setup. I’m fairly certain that I will be keeping the 390 so I’m trying to decide which of the smaller saws to sell. Both saws have under 5 tanks of fuel run through them. Both are in excellent shape. I typically cut at 8,000+ feet of elevation and in conifers — mostly lodge pole pine and some aspen. The high altitude causes the saw to drop 25% to 30% horsepower, so I‘ve tended to use bigger saws. Most trees are 30” to 40” DBH.

Help me decide.

JQ

• 390XPW
  • 372XPW (X-torq)
  • 562XP
When the dust settle, I believe I will end up with a 2-saw setup. I’m fairly certain that I will be keeping the 390 so I’m trying to decide which of the smaller saws to sell. Both saws have under 5 tanks of fuel run through them. Both are in excellent shape. I typically cut at 8,000+ feet of elevation and in conifers — mostly lodge pole pine and some aspen. The high altitude causes the saw to drop 25% to 30% horsepower, so I‘ve tended to use bigger saws. Most trees are 30” to 40” DBH.

Help me decide.

JQ
2 saw plan sounds good. Since you wanna keep the 390 ( I would do the same), I would use the 562 as a every time saw and let the 372 to go

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A920F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

• 390XPW
  • 372XPW (X-torq)
  • 562XP

Help me decide.

JQ
I would keep those 3 and add a good 50cc saw to the mix. But to answer your question, I would keep the 562 and 390.

CAD is real and affects the lives of…dozens of people!

Is the 562 an early or recent model? I’d be more inclined to lean toward that if it’s a recent production with the autotune and similar kinks worked out. If you like how it runs, it’s probably the best choice, and lighter. Otherwise, that 372 is legendary for ease of maintenance.

• 390XPW
  • 372XPW (X-torq)
  • 562XP

Help me decide.

JQ
Is the XPW a 75cc version or is it just a 372XT with the wrap/dogs kit? I’d say based on your needs the 372 might make more sense, particularly since the stuff you cut is 30-40 inches DBH.

The 372XPW X-Torq is the 70cc version. I really wanted an original 372XP (non X-Torque), but this was the only option at the time.

Should I be concerned about the reliability of the 562XP? Per the Husqvarna ID tag, it was built in 2018. I've been reading about potential problems with the auto-tune, crank bearing seals, intake seals, etc. I don't put massive hours on my saws, but I need absolute reliability as I'm out in the hinterland when I cut. I just sold my small limbing saw to a guy in Oregon. It was a 353 with a muff mod.

I like the size and feel of the 562 but I like the reputation and ease of maintenance of the 372.

JQ

The 372XPW X-Torq is the 70cc version. I really wanted an original 372XP (non X-Torque), but this was the only option at the time.

Should I be concerned about the reliability of the 562XP? Per the Husqvarna ID tag, it was built in 2018. I've been reading about potential problems with the auto-tune, crank bearing seals, intake seals, etc. I don't put massive hours on my saws, but I need absolute reliability as I'm out in the hinterland when I cut. I just sold my small limbing saw to a guy in Oregon. It was a 353 with a muff mod.

I like the size and feel of the 562 but I like the reputation and ease of maintenance of the 372.

JQ
My 2019 562 had a sticky carb valve initially but once that was fixed it has been flawless. You don’t need to worry about the Autotune stuff, crank seals, etc, but the updated air filter is well worth the money. If you keep the 562, get the updated filter and don’t worry about the rest unless you start having issues.

As much as like my 372xt and my 75cc 372 I can't imagine having either of them for my smallest saw, so I would go 562 and 390.

For those asking, the 372 XP X-Torq is a 70 cc saw with the full-wrap handle. Sadly, it’s not the 75cc version.

Y’all are making me re-think the plan. Maybe I need to keep all three. Bottom line is that I don’t HAVE to sell one saw. I’m trying to de-clutter and reduce redundant stuff. The $500 or so I would get for the 562 isn’t going to make or break my early retirement plans. On the other hand, the “Supreme Commander” would love to see less “man stuff” in the 4-car garage. A 3-saw plan seems like the right thing. Maybe I’ll sell some other stuff instead…

JQ

For those asking, the 372 XP X-Torq is a 70 cc saw with the full-wrap handle. Sadly, it’s not the 75cc version.

Y’all are making me re-think the plan. Maybe I need to keep all three. Bottom line is that I don’t HAVE to sell one saw. I’m trying to de-clutter and reduce redundant stuff. The $500 or so I would get for the 562 isn’t going to make or break my early retirement plans. On the other hand, the “Supreme Commander” would love to see less “man stuff” in the 4-car garage. A 3-saw plan seems like the right thing. Maybe I’ll sell some other stuff instead…

JQ
You could sell some of her stuff and have room for another saw !

JQ

Get rid of some golf clubs or a boat.

I’ve probably got 20 saws in my two car garage and plan on getting more.

Most of the kinks are worked out of the 562 after 2017. But life without a 372 is no life at all. I would say you’re good as is.

I had / have the same saws. I ended up selling my 372 and now it’s 390 for bigger wood and 562 for anything I want the lighter saw for. I haven’t regretted parting with the 372, the 562 is an animal and the 372 would still be sitting in the shop sad and lonely.

Back