Who is available for a "hot" ported Stihl 241 saw these days?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is a ported 241 a good purchase option for me? Would it cut well enough to not bog down with a 16" bar in reasonable firewood sized stuff?

Regarding pain meds, yes I have been on OTC Naproxen/Aleve (upto 12 a day under doctors orders) which worked well for me but, Doc moved me on to Celebrex when I voiced concerns about over use of OTC meds. The opioids have never really done much for me but, Doc had me try some of those as well. Physical Therapy is where it is at for me. Pain meds are fine for short term use in my book but, they aren't a long term solution for normal things.

When I recover fully from my shoulder surgery, I hope to be totally off all pain meds and able to run my 362 and 461. However until that day comes I need to find a lighter saw that is easier to handle (safer) and has enough power to be a reasonable tool on the farms.

Who are the better "porters" for this saw or a comparable one from a different manufacturer.

Since you already have a 362 a ported 241 or ported Dolmar 421 is a very good choice for you with 16" bar IMO. I personally prefer a 50cc saw as others have mentioned. But I have never ran a ported 241; the people that have them love them.

Brad is your Huckleberry for a ported 241. He and others can meet your needs for a ported Dolmar 421. I cannot speak as to the availability for any of the saw builders here. That is a question only they can answer.

Get well soon and buy a saw for us to see.

Stihl 63ps or 63ps3 is by far the fastest cutting lo pro chain on the market.

When I asked the local dealer about ordering some, they were unable to find this in the Stihl's system. Is it still in production and available?

All your 3003 bars will fit on a 261 but not the 241 @3005.( your 16" 261 bar will fit your 362 .325 or 3/8. ) can get 15",16",18",20" to choose from in your stable with 261
The 26RM Is going great on mine @ 16".

The size that's bagged on about doesn't affect me @84" but is noticeable vs the 192t&200t but the extra cc's are appreciated

If your getting a smaller new b&c saw then $$$$ wise the dolmar ported for about the Stihl stock.
How much is warranty worth one ported anyway.

You can get parts shipped from dealers on AS when needed.

Ps put a few tanks of bucket time on mine with trimming some 30-40ft cotton palms. Bigger heavier on paper than the 192t @14" but balance was different and it worked well over a dozen palms

I'm with you on the CM bandwagon, I love mine

I'm happy with my 241 , it's stock right now, a little better than 20l of mix through it so far , it won't keep up to the ported 026's I've got but it sure makes up for it in smoothness and light weight .
Is it the saw for blocking up cords of 12" oak , I don't think so but it sure is a good saw for dropping a 12" tree and delimbing it .
Ported might be a different story .
YMMV

Mighty Mouse Logging LLC

The 241 is looking might attractive to me. The Dolmar 421 sounds like a good alternative too.

Back