Who Is Still Here???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the photos and the walk down memory lane. There aren't many folks still around who joined back in '01-'02.

I hadn't seen Al Smith's name in years, glad to hear he's active over at the repair site.

Gotta watch that double tap thar Gypo...

As fer being on you own in the woods, you get many bears up thar in the Yukon? My brother saw one 1/4 mile down the road here last month. Neighbor also saw a cougar in his back 40 in the fall. Coyotes are all over out here too, but when the wolves move in they will kill them off.

JL- I followed up with Ken way back when. He got out of tree work and became a personal trainer. Then he moved to Santa Monica and caters to the wealthy crowd there.

About eight or so years ago, Ken sold me four saws and bunch of chain and odds and ends.... got a heck of a deal.

image.jpg image.jpg
Gotta watch that double tap thar Gypo...

As fer being on you own in the woods, you get many bears up thar in the Yukon? My brother saw one 1/4 mile down the road here last month. Neighbor also saw a cougar in his back 40 in the fall. Coyotes are all over out here too, but when the wolves move in they will kill them off.
We got everthing up here Stamper. My dog Jack chases them away.
We got a few squiters too.image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

Beavergirl did heat things up now and then here!!sixinchesofsnow.jpg

Mike Maas messed with one of my images...... what fun!
Ian's big oops!..jpg

At dinner, at the Clearwater Revival.....
Barscenes.jpg

Dennis Greffard and Robert Andrews
IMG_0097.JPG
Robert and John (or his bro Mike?) Rupley
Predator1.jpg

We had scads of snow in the hills in December, all time record for that month at the 3000' Snoqualmie Pass... in fact, at the top of Alpental, 5400', they claimed 158 inches in 7 days--may not have been accurate, as the power was out, avalanche danger extreme, etc etc. Here's some images from just before New Year'sIMGL9601e.jpg , taken from the lowlands 20 miles from Seattle:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rbtree/sets/72157662411640280/show?rb=1
A teaser from that slideshow

IMGL9792c1.JPG IMGL9744.jpg And, until late last night, it barely got above freezing at my house. I shot a bunch of cool hoar frost shots:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rbtree/albums/72157625668243679

The first half of those images were a few years ago, after freezing rain..... the second half just recently
a teaser:
60% crop of a tiny bit of my unmowed lawn IMGL9792c1.JPG

The top of my old white Toyota 4x4..... by yesterday, the hoar frost was approaching an inch
IMGL9792c1.JPG

Latest posts

Back