who is your main firewood helper/s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
just out of curiosity who are your main firewooding helpers ? mine at times are a 4 wheeler to tractors and mostly these two little wood rat's! boy's unloading the chips, rakings from PaPa,s splitting last week.... after we got started on a pickup load of dry/green red oak . started at noon and finished up at 2:30 what a tired old man I am with these two energy sources! time for them to take an old man trout fishing before closure on monday... sunday fun day! enjoy them while you have them!!001.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 007.JPG

You are teaching them life skills they will have forever. They say all things go full circle. I hope for the sake of our country that is true with the next generation of people as well. We need a new generation of hard working common sense people to backfill the mess we have right now. Kudos to you my friend and enjoy your day fishing.

Wish I could like this twice!

Couple more years and they won't be so eager. My 9 kids have been helping me all along and their enjoyment wanes as they get older.
this is true unc. but we try anyways with the hope of it being just once that it happens to be wrong and works out for their benefit! strong work ethics with the knowledge of a dollars worth and knowing what it was that helped them to learn a life's lesson! nothing is free and everything is worth working for!

You are teaching them life skills they will have forever. They say all things go full circle. I hope for the sake of our country that is true with the next generation of people as well. We need a new generation of hard working common sense people to backfill the mess we have right now. Kudos to you my friend and enjoy your day fishing.
! "thank's" saw!

this is true unc. but we try anyways with the hope of it being just once that it happens to be wrong and works out for their benefit! strong work ethics with the knowledge of a dollars worth and knowing what it was that helped them to learn a life's lesson! nothing is free and everything is worth working for!
I am 32 years old, we just threw a party for my dad's 80th birthday tonight. My father is much older than most people's my age. I always feel like I belong to the generation before me as I was raised more like they were. My father was hard on me when I was growing up. He had high expectations, you earned your keep and he worked me hard. I got a good whooping when I had earned it I didn't always like him growin up, he used to say he was my father not my friend. I think back all the time and am thankful he taught me what he did. It has paid dividends over and over.

a6d993238300f3079a88a38bb24c53a2.jpg

Here's my helper, Lily basically chases the chipmunks though...

My 10yo daughter is my sidekick. She always wants to help doing whatever it is I'm doing. That is starting to wane a little as she comes into "womanhood."

My 13yo sold, however, He will help if I make him. He'll do a good job, but not without some prodding. Hes more into his music.

Both are exceptional students so I don't ride them to hard about working.

Dogs wont come near me when I'm working.

I've got a couple teenage boys that use to be big helps but the luster has worn off with them, I now use the same negotiation tools my dad did..."get up , we're doing firewood".

I'm 48 and as far as I can remember my father has never asked me to do anything , he still tells me what to do.

I've got a couple teenage boys that use to be big helps but the luster has worn off with them, I now use the same negotiation tools my dad did..."get up , we're doing firewood".

I'm 48 and as far as I can remember my father has never asked me to do anything , he still tells me what to do.

So, my son isn't all that... coordinated. Hes still learning how to use his 13yo, 6'4 body. Its quite amusing at times.

Anyway... I have not felt any inclination to teach him how to run a chainsaw because frankly I don't trust that he wont hurt himself. So I, much like your father, "hey, its time to get up and do something" which for the kids means feeding the splitter and stacking.

Yesterday was supposed to be that day for him. I bought him a set of chaps and one of those Helmet, muffs, mask combos. I was going to let him try out the 241. As is typical for me, I try to let the neighbors wake up before I start making noise, they have until 7am because I cant wait any longer. His room is on the same side of the house where Im working.

As is typical fashion for me, I go in and bump him awake around 8. No sign of him at 1030 so I go bump him again. No sign of movement in the house until 230. I asked him "what the hell was that" to which he answers "I don't know."

Must be another growth spurt.

So, my son isn't all that... coordinated. Hes still learning how to use his 13yo, 6'4 body. Its quite amusing at times.

Anyway... I have not felt any inclination to teach him how to run a chainsaw because frankly I don't trust that he wont hurt himself. So I, much like your father, "hey, its time to get up and do something" which for the kids means feeding the splitter and stacking.

Yesterday was supposed to be that day for him. I bought him a set of chaps and one of those Helmet, muffs, mask combos. I was going to let him try out the 241. As is typical for me, I try to let the neighbors wake up before I start making noise, they have until 7am because I cant wait any longer. His room is on the same side of the house where Im working.

As is typical fashion for me, I go in and bump him awake around 8. No sign of him at 1030 so I go bump him again. No sign of movement in the house until 230. I asked him "what the hell was that" to which he answers "I don't know."

Must be another growth spurt.

Any kid that big at that age is gonna most likely be falling all over themselves...but when he grows into that frame he might be a heck of a firewooder.

Back