who makes the best files?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Reaction score
I have been buying Nicholson files for rakers, but this last one didn't last 5 chains before skidding over rakers without taking anything off. What's you guy's experiences with different brands?

Ian

I like the Oregon round files (they are swiss made, but I don´t know the manufacturer), and the Stihl flat files.

I heard something to the effect of soaking files overnight in vinegar will rejuvenate them. Does anyone know anything about this?

If you put chalk on your file it won't plug up as quickly. I use the oregon files and they work very good.

I heard something to the effect of soaking files overnight in vinegar will rejuvenate them. Does anyone know anything about this?

i use pferd files, stihls are good 2, oregon aren't bad....when i wear them out i keep them and when i get 3 or 4 or them i soak them 24 hrs in vinegar...NOT MORE THAN THAT!!! they will come out cutting better than when they were new. if you leave them in much longer than that(left some in for 36 +-and it ate all the filing off of them)

Latest posts

Back