wicked work saw down for a few days due to kidney stone.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have a stent from the bladder to the kidney the kidney spasms will not go away until it is removed. It is amazing how much better you feel 30 minutes after the stent is removed. I hope you are better soon and no permant damage to the kidney. Tom

That is not correct. It is much more important to go frequently to the toilette. => as soon a you feel a urge go or at least every two hours during the day. And sit down and just let it flow. As soon as you start pressing you will have pain in your kidney.

I have had surgery three times, three stents in the last year an a half. They went up an shattered the stones with a laser. There shouldn't be any spasms, I never had any. The stent is there to keep the tube open an let urine, stone fragments an blood pass. The ureter might twinge or spasm, that is when you will feel pain or discomfort. that is also when a fragment is moving. Once you have the surgery, the only time it hurts is when you start to pee an the pain will subside quite quickly as you continue to pee. The stent will be removed in 24-48 hours. I would take surgery in a heart beat an suggest it, as its the quickest way an least painful way of dealing with these little buggers. You will know an be able to tell when the fragments are travelling down the ureter and or coming out. Good Luck. Surprised that the 9mm stone didn't do a full blockage an go septic the minute it dropped into the ureter. That would show on an ultrasound xray right away. After the surgery drink lots of water to help flush out the stone fragments. Sit to pee for the first few times after the surgery an take a real deep breath just before you do pee. Holding onto the side the stone is on, just above the hip. Just like placing your hands on your hips does help a little.

They are leaving in your stent longer than they did mine, I removed my own. You will be shocked at the length of the stent. Lol. Doesn't hurt at all when its removed, just a couple of seconds of a weird sensation. I was good to go about a week after surgery. The passing of blood will be less an less each time you pee an as the days go by. Drink lots of water. :rock:

i think i have about stopped passing blood already but my right kidney will spasm so bad it is almost like the stones still in there. they told me that if the meds i was given were not enough that they would give me something else thats stronger. i have other meds but they arent specific for the kidney.

i think i have about stopped passing blood already but my right kidney will spasm so bad it is almost like the stones still in there. they told me that if the meds i was given were not enough that they would give me something else thats stronger. i have other meds but they arent specific for the kidney.

God Dam it:

I've been buying up your saws,figured if you PASSED, I'd be rich.

Oh yeah, really glad your getting better:msp_mad:

Could you possibly delete this post, till I unload some of these boat anchors? :msp_sneaky:

It took me about a week to pass all the fragments. That spasm, pain feeling is probably a piece moving down the ureter to the bladder. I am assuming they went up an shattered it with the laser ? Laser lithrotripsy .

Last edited:
i was told that the stone was hung up at the pelvis and wasnt going any further. it felt like it kept trying to move but was just wasnt making any head way.

That is what my first one did. It got stuck but, luckily the urine was still getting by. That was what started the surgeries. My stent coming out sooner might have made it easier for the last of the fragments to pass. Kind of weird they didn't tell you to remove the stent yourself . Guess I should ask if you have any surgical thread hanging out down there ? If not, then that is why you would have to go back to hav the stent removed.

Last edited:
todays update.... i am feeling a bit better. the razor blades have dulled down a tad when i try to go pee. the spasms arent nearly as bad in my kidney either. i think in a few more days ill be back to work as long as i keep on the mend like i am right now. ill be so glad to get over this.

i feel for ya I've passed probably 25-30 over the years had one surgically removed it was over an inch get well soon.

Latest posts

Back