Will Firewood Sellers Potentially Buy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Native87

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
wood off of my place that I will cut and have at a good loading spot? I am clearing some land and I wil have mixed types coming out of there. I was just wondering if you think anybody would buy at a VERY reasonable cost this wood. I burn wood myself and wouldnt throw a bunch of junk crap in the pile. Besides they can load what they want anyway. I wouldnt mind getting a little for my gas and shoot it can help a bit on my feed bill maybe.

working firewood can be dangerous & u may be liable if someone gets hurt on your property.

i'd contact local seller first to find out their specs. easiest would be to move treelength with a pulp truck but dragging wood gets wood dirty & wears on chainsaws.....good lux

How much wood?

If there's a good amount of cords, someone licensed and insured will be happy to buy it, but they'll want it in tree length especially if they have a processor.

Around here tops in the landing are going for $40 to $70 depending upon quality and quantity.

If you do cut it to length yourself, shoot for 15 to16 inches. Almost all stoves will handle that length, and the weight is easier to deal with than 4 footers or big 2 foot chunks. On this topic, if you do cut it to length, 15 to 16 or 16 to 18, be consistent. I can't tell you how many piles of supposed 16 to 18 inch wood I've looked at and said no thank you to because it was actually 12 to 22. One guy told me I was full of it until I handed him the tape measure. Resellers will split if necessary but if there's too much work and loss in fixing someone else's work it becomes more profitable to find another source.

Are there any logs, or a better question might be how big a chunk of property? It might be worth having a free evaluation done if possible an get some $ for the saw logs.

Food for thought

Take Care

How much wood?

If there's a good amount of cords, someone licensed and insured will be happy to buy it, but they'll want it in tree length especially if they have a processor.

Around here tops in the landing are going for $40 to $70 depending upon quality and quantity.

If you do cut it to length yourself, shoot for 15 to16 inches. Almost all stoves will handle that length, and the weight is easier to deal with than 4 footers or big 2 foot chunks. On this topic, if you do cut it to length, 15 to 16 or 16 to 18, be consistent. I can't tell you how many piles of supposed 16 to 18 inch wood I've looked at and said no thank you to because it was actually 12 to 22. One guy told me I was full of it until I handed him the tape measure. Resellers will split if necessary but if there's too much work and loss in fixing someone else's work it becomes more profitable to find another source.

Are there any logs, or a better question might be how big a chunk of property? It might be worth having a free evaluation done if possible an get some $ for the saw logs.

Food for thought

Take Care

You're not kidding about consistent length. No one wants to re-trim rounds or splits before they can sell it.

If you are going to do all the work why not sell the wood to end user yourself ??
Lots of people are willing to come and pick up if you don't want to deliver.

I want to thank everybody for their time. Sure did give me more to think about.
Being as the vegetable season is over I am trying to find a way to make a little bit of money to keep the critters fed and I also need the space for pasture/browse next spring.

I want to cut it myself because it is a little steep and I can take care of the cleanup as I go the way I want it done. I really hope this idea works out. If nothing else, I will have plenty extra wood for family or friends if they need it. Thank all yall for your time.

Back