would you

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankya Space. Ya know I am quite a salesman, got the gift of gab ya might say. Thinking here I beleive I could sell you as a right smart feller but finding that dumb buyer is gonna be tuff,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I think your gift is selling to the intellectually challenged or in other words
you prey on the weak. I just don't know how you defend yourself after
they inevitably learn their saw is inferior to husky but I guess that is
what ya got hoss for:laugh:

Out Board Cutch!

"Well just this afternoon, I was a sittin there jawin with Hoss, that ole sucker he boughts himself another monster he had to show off to me. Well anyways, this young couple comes in, and she is just clinching this Consumer report magazine like her life depends on having that sucker in her hand.
Wel theys start a lookin around, I just hung there with Hoss and let em go on with it.
She starts getting all jittery and such, so I turn up the Elvis a little, ge me fresh dash of do glue an push my hair back so it's just so, an make my way over there.
No sooner than I open my mouth an she spouts off "Consumer reports says Huskvarna is the beter buy but he wont listen to me!"
So I says "Well Ma'm, aint nothing wrong with them Husky saws, I gots a few myself. Been reading all about thesilly things so I had to see what they were about. I gots a couple here in the back if you'd like a look?"
Well I just floored her right there, so we's go to the back and I show her the flimsy choke lever, and I shows her the flimsy kill switch, then I shows her how Stihl did it! I shows her how you can open up the air filter on a Stihl without a tool one, and you can't on the Husky. I showed her the inboard clutch on the Stihl and how much cleaner it stayed.
Then I really turned on the charm, I give her a big smile and wink, and I says "Tell you what, I'll show you folks something even better!" Yup, I took them in the back an showed how much we have for in stock parts, hedr jaw just dropped!!!
I says "Well, I'm gonna go back and talk to Hoss some more while you fine folks think about this a while."
Yup, you guesed it, two minuetes latter they were asking for a new MS290!
Whats you gots to say about that Spacey boy?"

Royal P.I.A, always have to clean after cutting firewood... :chainsaw:

I think your gift is selling to the intellectually challenged or in other words
you prey on the weak. I just don't know how you defend yourself after
they inevitably learn their saw is inferior to husky but I guess that is
what ya got hoss for:laugh:

I think looking at the sales performance of Husqvarna, a decline of 15% in the 2nd quarter, tends to prove those intellectually challenged are the only ones buying them. Stihl on the other hand is enjoying one of it's best years in the company history. Its quite apparent looking at the Stihl sales performace this year compared to Husqvarna its obvious the intellectually gifted know which is the preferred brand.

Sorry Rope, your post required a CEO responce,:) :) :) :) :) :)

I think looking at the sales performance of Husqvarna, a decline of 15% in the 2nd quarter, tends to prove those intellectually challenged are the only ones buying them. Stihl on the other hand is enjoying one of it's best years in the company history. Its quite apparent looking at the Stihl sales performace this year compared to Husqvarna its obvious the intellectually gifted know which is the preferred brand.

Sorry Rope, your post required a CEO responce,:) :) :) :) :) :)

Didn't say you weren't a terrific salesman, just a gullible market.

Absolutely and with no hesitations. If someone came up and asked for a recommendation for the worst saw for their money with the most bloated reputation, I'd recommend one in a heartbeat. :)

Watch it you will make ROPE mad talking about his Husky saws like that. Or are you describing the junk you sell at the Depot.

Didn't say you weren't a terrific salesman, just a gullible market.

Uhhhhhhhhh no, thats not what I said at all. If you read it closely what I really said is your intellectually challenged,LOLOLOLOLOLOL

(Sorry Rope, I couldn't resist,LOL)

Last edited:
Absolutely and with no hesitations. If someone came up and asked for a recommendation for the worst saw for their money with the most bloated reputation, I'd recommend one in a heartbeat. :)

Well that explains why your always promoting Husky, dayumm Space I'm glad you finally admit it,hehe

Hey, I haven't promoted Husky since the Univent thing--I just haven't stopped bagging on Stihl. :)

Whats wrong with the Univent, its just a 372, if the 372 is a good saw then so is the Univent, splain yourself grasshopper, I shall await your reply!!

Ha ha. Think you're smart don't you. You know what my problem is with them. :)

Dayumm it to hell your no fun tonight Space. Yes I know exactly how you feel about the Univent. Don't know what to say about that deal cept I'm inclined to agree with you. Lord I'll never live that down as long as your breathing, agreeing with you,LOL Well for what its worth to you and to show you I'm not downing Husky product I really like my 346xp. That little saw is a joy to use.

Uhhhhhhhhh no, thats not what I said at all. If you read it closely what I really said is your intellectually challenged,LOLOLOLOLOLOL

(Sorry Rope, I couldn't resist,LOL)

Heck yeah, you know I am, I have jumped into a career that
involves swinging around 100 foot off a rope in trees and
using tools that can maim or kill ya, so yeah you are right
I am challenged lol!

Back