Y'all gonna be this good at 71?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what the hell is a larynx

Yo, whenever you have a q (question), go to Google.com. Its a search engine, type in the word, you will get a definition. Playin with fire asking q's like that on here!

You have to excuse my cuz, he first learned how to turn on a computer a few months ago!

Much respect for that guy. I learned from a lot of guys just like him.

Personally, I hope to still be doing it at 71. I love to climb and the job in general. Some days are a ##### but it beats the hell out of setting at a desk all day pushing a pencil. I think a lot of guys on here would come to that same conclusion if they were ever faced with the possibility of having to quit.

Ton of respect for that guy, I'll work as long as I'm able. With the disease I have and the diagnosis, I know I won't live past 56, no one has made it more than ten years with my disease, we know I've had it for four years. But as long as I can get out and work I will, what's a guy supposed to do, just sit around on their azz. Somedays I don't do a thing, the next day I'm feeling great and go help the crew all day.
I think working keeps you going, the minute they ran my grandmother out of the dairy barn at 73 she went down hill fast, it's all she knew, she'd been milking grade A since she was 19 years old, when they made her quit she was milking around 160 head with a helper, it was just like she lost her will to live after they made her quit. Work is good for the mind, body and soul as far as I'm concerned. One of our countries biggest issues is 3/4 of this younger generation has no work ethic at all, they are few and far between.

That old climber great. Beats the pants off of some of you scum bags that loom in these woods. :biggrin:

I know lots of ol' fellers, and some of them kick ass. Some of them can't bend grass. And that's that.

Looks like this group is headed for the Padded Panzy Parlor for rum sipping in those days ahead. You'll blame it all on the knees. :msp_thumbup:

Merry Christmas to All ...

That is pretty amazing hes even using one of the old school friction hitches. but yes at that age i do plan on either being done or pointing my finger and telling someone what to do.

Ha Matt, when you are his age Luke will be in his forties still being your rope man like his son is now. I think you'll find it harder to give up than you think. I never feel better, or younger, than when I am in the tree. You will be the same.

Ha Matt, when you are his age Luke will be in his forties still being your rope man like his son is now. I think you'll find it harder to give up than you think. I never feel better, or younger, than when I am in the tree. You will be the same.

Lol, and look at the bright side, maybe you'll be as good (bad) as that old fossil in another six years!!

Merry Xmas back at ya Skelator!! :msp_w00t:

It's your voice box ...

what the hell is a larynx

It's the cartilage above your adams apple that resonates to form speech as you exhale. If that is crushed all you can do is make gurgling sounds as you try to breathe. With a good grip you can also gather up the carteroid arteries and shut off not only the air to the lungs, but the blood to the brain. I'm sure your cousin can explain the ramifications of this crude but effective move.

Boys and their toys ...

I just happened to have my toys on my desk.

Well this must be the morning to play with all the toys we got this year for Xmas. My wife knows I like hot cars so she got me a cool mouse with LED headlights and taillights to drive around on my desk. The other car is a manicure set. The High Standard .22 Mag derringer was given to me by my Father-in-Law because he knew how much I liked it. I confess I bought the knife for myself, a matching carry piece to go with my 9mm S&W model 5906, just in case two shots aren't enough.

6569248787_5ac48db2ca_b.jpg

Well this must be the morning to play with all the toys we got this year for Xmas. My wife knows I like hot cars so she got me a cool mouse with LED headlights and taillights to drive around on my desk. The other car is a manicure set. The High Standard .22 Mag derringer was given to me by my Father-in-Law because he knew how much I liked it. I confess I bought the knife for myself, a matching carry piece to go with my 9mm S&W model 5906, just in case two shots aren't enough.

6569248787_5ac48db2ca_b.jpg

Scary, not only do they let you buy and have chainsaws, but GUNS too. Oh my. Glad I live on the otherside of the state.

Those were toys from when I was a kid. Yes that is a original Skeletor that I stole from some kid. He was a little A-whole who had all the toys, always showing them off, I pried it out of his hands as I held his head in the sand. He had toy guns too. But they were low quality, so I didn't bother
Ill pass on the mouse and fake knife.
This is what you should have opened.

Posted from my I-Phone while cleaning my M-4

Last edited:
Ton of respect for that guy, I'll work as long as I'm able. With the disease I have and the diagnosis, I know I won't live past 56, no one has made it more than ten years with my disease, we know I've had it for four years. But as long as I can get out and work I will, what's a guy supposed to do, just sit around on their azz. Somedays I don't do a thing, the next day I'm feeling great and go help the crew all day.
I think working keeps you going, the minute they ran my grandmother out of the dairy barn at 73 she went down hill fast, it's all she knew, she'd been milking grade A since she was 19 years old, when they made her quit she was milking around 160 head with a helper, it was just like she lost her will to live after they made her quit. Work is good for the mind, body and soul as far as I'm concerned. One of our countries biggest issues is 3/4 of this younger generation has no work ethic at all, they are few and far between.
Amen to that brother.:clap:

Ya need to bring that thing down here nd shot it. Dont know when we making it up there, her parents still hear, they where supposed to be gone, shell be poed if i Leave.

Yo, whenever you have a q (question), go to Google.com. Its a search engine, type in the word, you will get a definition. Playin with fire asking q's like that on here!

You have to excuse my cuz, he first learned how to turn on a computer a few months ago!
!!

Oh bloh me!

I'll be 62 in 4 months and feel like I could keep climbing with high productivity for a few more years. I don't get exhausted doing
regular canopy type trees. Palms are far more exhausting, but here is a video of me trimming a palm in September. One contract climber I use on occaision, age 40, told me that was world class speed. LOL. I know I am faster now than I was a few years ago.

Coconut trimming - YouTube

Latest posts

Back