Yard sale Poulan 2055

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannon51

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got this Poulan at a yard sale yesterday for $10. When I got home I dumped out the gas tank and as usual the filter and several pieces of gas line came out with the gas. I've replaced lines on a few of these but have not seen the 2 extra pieces in the last picture before. Looks like a connector and a small duckbill. Since they were loose in the tank I don't know how the were used but assume they were in the vent line. Are they necessarypoulan2055 001.JPG poulan2055 002.JPG poulan2055 006.JPG and if so how do the go? I did put a little premix in the carb and it ran a few seconds.
Cannon

The connector was used by the factory to put two pieces of fuel line together. It likely was used to speed the production line. When you put new line in, you can throw that out. The duckbill goes in the fuel cap. Those caps are cheap so don't waste your time trying to reinstall it, as it rarely seals well after that.

And don't reuse the old fuel filter.

Thanks, I hadn't thought about the duckbill being on the cap. I will often take an old riding mower to the 25 cent car wash, this is the first saw I've considered taking.
Cannon

The parts came in yesterday so I changed the fuel lines, primer bulb, air filter and was going to change the fuel filter but the one that came was larger at the connection. I got it cranked but could never keep it running. This morning I took another shot at the fuel filter and finally got the line to go over the itpoulan2055 001.JPG. It cranked up and ran (good call redtractor) thought it needed some adjustment to idle just below where the chain starts to move. I also opened up the high until it blubbered a little at WOT. I wouldn't call it clean but it's cleaner. I have about $20 in it as it sets, it's worth that to me.
Cannon

It's a competent little saw. You can open the muffler holes a bit and tune a bit richer. I like this 1990-2005 genre much better than newer strato Poulans.

I was given one of those in the case about 6 weeks ago. Had a yard sale last Saturday and priced it at $20. Fellow looked at it and asked if it ran. Told him I had no clue, but had some fuel we could try.

Dumped some in, pushed the still pliable primer a few times and had it running in less than 6 pulls. The wife tried to talk me down on price, I asked where else would she find a running saw with good chain and a case for $20.

Unfortunately that version has no A/V and they buzz pretty bad. There are A/V versions though.

Back